Quill DRO

I saw those Morton quill stops but they wouldn't ship to me so I made my own. Great invention.

My Quill stop came in today and I have it installed. I left the lock nut in place as it seemed without it, I could move the Morton nut all the way to the bottom and it would get hung up in the thread relief just above the snap ring.

20230217_171129.jpg

My Quill stop came in today and I have it installed. I left the lock nut in place as it seemed without it, I could move the Morton nut all the way to the bottom and it would get hung up in the thread relief just above the snap ring.
Outstanding. Curious what you're using soft jaws for - or is that an apprentice signature? :)

I have one additional tip: Reverse the quill locking mechanism so the locking handle is on the back. It engages when pulled up against gravity, instead of it's natural tendency to lock the quill position when pulled downward by gravity. Workflow wise, you get used to the new location quickly.

IMG_0279.jpeg

IMG_0278.jpeg

Outstanding. Curious what you're using soft jaws for - or is that an apprentice signature? :)

-Clip-
Hey David,

Those are soft jaws, LOL. I'm just playing around making some custom novelty (I guess) handles for my drill press. I'll post up some photos when I get them finished, I'll tag you since so you asked.

Back