Quick Change Tool Post

dont get it. i purchased the same one and an not too thrilled with it imo . there is a lot of flex in the tooling and post, the set screws are of bad quality and it is a piston type. i am in the market for a steel wedge type either axa or bxa style. i have a craftsman lathe 101.28980 model number.

i am not putting it down or anything just i think it is a bit light for my machine.

You could get some "Spring steel" sheet and locktite it onto the dovetail mating surfaces of the toolpost where the tool block rides if you're worried.

Judging from the posts... some of you don't realize this tool post is designed for a 7"x 12" mini-lathe (think Harbor Freight mini-lathe). This TP is substantially smaller than an AXA tool post. All AXA and larger tool posts and tool holders are made of steel.

GG

I liked the spec they list , and i quote;

"The car can be cylindrical, grooving, cutting, knurling, drilling reaming, drilling, reaming and other processing. It implements the external machine loaded knife, the holder is mounted on the tool holder through dovetail."

Well that makes it all very clear :)

Stuart
Unfortunately this is what happens when you stick mandarin into an automatic translator like Google and tell it to translate.

Mandarin is strange in that there are many identical words (spoken and spelt the same) that have completely different meanings and the listener is expected to select the correct meaning based on context of the sentence.

The one that makes most visitors to China is the word for dry (干). It can mean dry or f#ck. A lot of small shops trying to appeal to foreigners will directly translate into English and one will see signs in shops that say "f#ck fruit"

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Not sure I understand. The eBay ad in the original post explained it quite clearly, I thought. Maybe I'm missing something else?

Unfortunately this is what happens when you stick mandarin into an automatic translator like Google and tell it to translate.

Mandarin is strange in that there are many identical words (spoken and spelt the same) that have completely different meanings and the listener is expected to select the correct meaning based on context of the sentence.

The one that makes most visitors to China is the word for dry (干). It can mean dry or f#ck. A lot of small shops trying to appeal to foreigners will directly translate into English and one will see signs in shops that say "f#ck fruit"

Yeah, i was having a chat about the simplified Chinese with friends and was having it explained to me that their switching over to an emoticon based language to help with the many dialects etc. it made me laugh a bit.

It does make me laugh a bit about the lack of translation ability wit sooo many manuals. One of my fav's was a manual that said "press back to go back, press back to save setting and exit" err, some random button pressing latter i figured out what they meant :)

Stuart

Yep having knowledge of the language is only half the part of translating, especially with technical documents. Unless the translator understands what they are translating then you end up with these sort of manuals

Last edited:
Back