Quick Change Tool Post

Material . High quality aluminum ?? Hmmm............:eek:

It looks very similar to the A2Z cnc quick tool post that I got from Little Machine shop for my Atlas 618. I am very happy with mine. And it is aluminum..not sure of the grade.

If you go for it make sure you can get some more tool holders...can't have too many in my opinion.

David

I see no issue with the aluminum, judging from the pictures. I don't see any porosity in the casting. Keep it lubricated and it should go the distance, whatever that is. To date, things I have purchased online from China through Ebay have worked out OK. Harley engine cases and heads are cast in China and just about everything else we use in this country. My thoughts are that they do not whip up a batch of inferior aluminum just to make junk to sell to the U.S. There may be issues with this but, China is improving slowly. Even Harbor Freight stuff seems to be improving, albeit slowly. I just wish this would have been available a couple years ago when I purchased mine.

I hate to admit it, but I think you're right about this.

Wrat
I have a Hein-Werner floor jack made in the USA. I also have two of the small aluminum floor jacks from HF. The Hein-Werner leaks oil and does not keep a set height. The HF jacks are light and easy to move around and do not leak oil or creep/sag from set height. There went my approval rating!…Dave.

Material . High quality aluminum ?? Hmmm............:eek:

I liked the spec they list , and i quote;

"The car can be cylindrical, grooving, cutting, knurling, drilling reaming, drilling, reaming and other processing. It implements the external machine loaded knife, the holder is mounted on the tool holder through dovetail."

Well that makes it all very clear :)

Stuart

Some of the Chinese made QCTP's are quite good. But despite some reports to the contrary, I would avoid an aluminum tool post unless you only plan to keep the machine for a brief period and then sell it off. Fortunately, even the Chinese don't make tool holders out of aluminum.

Little Machine Shop sold one like that made out of aluminim. I have one on my Homier 7 x 12. Have had it for 10+ years and it still works good. They are fine for the mini-lathes as they do not take any real abuse. The aluminum is hard coated so if you take care of them they should last. I also paid more than what that one goes for.

Back