Quick change tool post for SouthBend 9A lathe

Hey, If you have the link to that video, I'd really like to see that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Always takes me a minute to find it. If you can remember to add "eccentric" to the search, then it comes up pretty easily.

Also found this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Quick-Change-Tool-Post-Set/dp/B002YPDQ4G. Seems to have decent reviews.

I bought the Amazon one for my South Bend 9A, though I did not write a review. It's generally good, as described. The bump knurler they include with it is a little junky, and I don't recommend using it. One weird thing is two sides of the post can hold tool holders, but the lever position makes it difficult to use one of them. I don't consider that a problem since you only actually use one lathe tool at a time.

-Ed

One weird thing is two sides of the post can hold tool holders, but the lever position makes it difficult to use one of them. I don't consider that a problem since you only actually use one lathe tool at a time.

-Ed

I also found this to be true. The position that is parallel to the ways is difficult to put a tool holder on as the QCTP release arm (up top) swings over the top of those wedges when in the released position. You have to kind of finagle the tool holder around it. I've been wondering if this is adjustable, but haven't investigated it. Interesting to hear a similar issue with Ed's. I also don't consider it a "real" problem or a deal breaker given the price.

Back