Quick Change Gear Box Conversion Questions

And BTW, you should now have access to Downloads.

I do now have access. It won't download on tapatalk so I just signed in on my mobile internet and it worked fine. I think tapatalk is beginning to be more of a pain then it is helpful.

Regards-Carlo

That sounds normal. Tapatalk doesn't seem to work with anything.except another Tapatalk user.

So If my machine has a 3/4 lead screw is it safe to assume that it was built after 1968?

No. The first Atlas lathe built with 3/4" dia. lead screw came out in 1938, the 10F, followed in 1940 or late 1939 by the 101.07403. There were no changes in 1968. The final Commercial versions appeared in 1967.

If anyone has a 40 tooth change gear for an atlas 10" they'd be willing to sell please let me know I can't seem to find one right now.

Regards-Carlo

Just for S&G I threw a 54 tooth gear on the machine to make sure the box works without binding. It is suprisingly quiet considering the amount of wear. And I set it for 4tpi and tried to thread. I knew going into it that it wouldn't cut the right Amount of threads with my current gearing. But it did cut some threads. Something like 9tpi. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437052481.308615.jpg

Regards-Carlo

Back