Questions About This Mill

For that price I would buy it and convert any Motors that wouldn't run on 220 vac.
To say you would be pleased by that machine is an understatement.
It does require a lot of real-estate.

It’s only about 5 miles from my house but I dint know anybody with the machine to set it in the shop.

It is quite common to use a step-up transformer, they are fairly common on eBay used for around $400-600 or less (11kVA). You could run it off of an RPC or Phase Perfect. Alternative is Phase Perfect sells step-up models 230V to 460V which are quite expensive. May be worth it as the total cost is still far lower than a beat up knee mill, providing you need something of that size.

Last edited:
More than likely there will be only one motor that can't be rewired for low voltage ( 220) as its a Asian machine.
If you can't move it in one peice, break it down into sub assemblies that you can manage.
I do this frequently for machinery I take to my home shop.

I would not be scared. Well as long as you got a way to move it. Figure the electric out once you get her home

He said it weighs 6200 lb. If there was a question before I am for sure out on moving that. If anybody wants to talk to him I have his cell number. If you come around to look I will buy you a barbecue sandwich.

That was a very big investment why is it being taken out of service? I do not see any pictures that would show it's working condition, but if the circumstances of the company dictate the sale, and it checks out WOW, what a machine.

Looks like he sold it while we’re were talking. I don’t hunk he was using it there.

Back