Questions About This Mill

CJ5Dave

Registered
Registered
This mill is for sale nearby on Marketplace. It is 440 3 phase. I can make converters but don't think I can get 440 3 phase out of my 220 single phase. Also, I wonder if the control circuit on this mill is 120 volt or 440 3 phase. Imagine I will pass, just curious.

I’m sure someone more knowledgeable will be along but I believe most 3 phase motors can run at 220/240 and 460 3 phase if you change the wiring. Maybe they can get a picture of the data plate on the motor. Maybe they did, I didn’t really look. Also I believe you can get vfd’s that output 460 on a 220 single phase.

it's not one motor. That appears to have multiple motors.
I would pass unless you want to buy a step up transformer ($$$$) You'll need a lot of AMPS and a 220v rotary to run the step up transformer, since this is 8.8amps at 480v

it's not one motor. That appears to have multiple motors.
I would pass unless you want to buy a step up transformer ($$$$) You'll need a lot of AMPS and a 220v rotary to run the step up transformer, since this is 8.8amps at 480v
I should of looked closer. Good catch on that.

Crazy. It's a Japanese K&T pseudo-clone made in 2002. Never seen anything like it from this century. Meat, to be sure.

The guy rebuilds machines for other shops, among other things.

Back