Question About These New "computer Like" Welders

I shut my Miller Inverter Syncrowave 210 if I'm not going to weld for 15-30 minutes. The cooling fan is automatic and runs when it is hot. Even after I turn the power off, the cooling fan stays on for about 30 seconds.

I turn my Everlast off if I am not going to use it for 20 or 30 minutes for the same reason as JR49, the cooling fan runs continously as does the water cooler. Just don't want to listen to the noise.

I shut my Miller Inverter Syncrowave 210 if I'm not going to weld for 15-30 minutes. The cooling fan is automatic and runs when it is hot. Even after I turn the power off, the cooling fan stays on for about 30 seconds.

Hey, do you have the AC and pulse expansions on your machine?

in my observation,
most equipment that are frequently powered up and down do not seem to have the longevity of equipment that are started infrequently but run longer operation cycles.
the blue screen of death can strike any digital equipment without so much as a warning, a lot of those failures are on startup .

older welder technology, for being less efficient, is highly reliable in most cases.
i'd bet a paycheck on my old tombstone firing up in 2 months
i'd bet a paycheck my miller idealarc-250 will run in a year
i'd bet you another paycheck that my Powcon will fire up tomorrow, but i don't know about next year. only because i used the crap out if it and it's had a hard life.
i don't know if i'd do the same bets with the newer unseasoned technology puked out of China and purchased from amazon or the like.

Last edited:
It does have two expansion slots, but I haven't expanded anything.

Franko, My 210 only has one SD card slot. The reason I ask is as you probably know Miller sells DC pulse expansion cards and AC frequency expansion cards. They are about $175-200 each.

Earlier this year Miller released the software to update machines to these expansion card specs FREE! The only catch is that it only works after a certain serial number. All you need is a blank formatted SD card.

https://www.millerwelds.com/support/system-setup-and-software/tig-software

I could have been incorrect about the number of slots, Ken.
I think I remember calling Miller about that upgrade and being told it wasn't something helpful for my needs (whatever those are). But, I really don't remember the details.

I could have been incorrect about the number of slots, Ken.
I think I remember calling Miller about that upgrade and being told it wasn't something helpful for my needs (whatever those are). But, I really don't remember the details.

The AC freq expansion is great on Al. It focuses the arc nicely. The DC pulse expansion is great on stainless especially autogenous welds. I think somebody at Miller kinda blew you off.

It wouldn't be the first time, Ken.

Are we talking about the expansion card or the upgrade card?

It wouldn't be the first time, Ken.

Are we talking about the expansion card or the upgrade card?

If we are talking about the same thing, the expansion cards are the upgrade cards. There is one for AC freq and one for DC pulse. With those cards, the respective card must be installed during use to gain the expansion feature. Once removed, the machine goes back to the stock program.

If your machine serial no. is after the serial stated in the link I posted a few threads back, you download the file and save it to a blank SD card. After the card is loaded with the files, insert it into your machine's SD slot and it will save the new files. Boom! Upgrade/expansion done, remove card. This is a better deal cause it's free and after the files are loaded, there is no need to stick cards in to gain the expansion features.

Back