QCGB question

My apologies, John. I am normally slow to anger but by the time I left the building permit office today, I was seeing red. I will get back to this when I can - my shop is pushed to one side so we can start to demo the wall so nothing will happen for several months. I will not forget this thread and will come back to it. By then, I hope to actually be civil and rational again.

My apologies, John. I am normally slow to anger but by the time I left the building permit office today, I was seeing red. I will get back to this when I can - my shop is pushed to one side so we can start to demo the wall so nothing will happen for several months. I will not forget this thread and will come back to it. By then, I hope to actually be civil and rational again.
Don't you just hate it when public service forgets to who or whom the service is supposed to be rendered. Then to make matters worse they make an attempt to be ranchers and present you to treatment usually delegated to the bull.

Don't you just hate it when public service forgets to who or whom the service is supposed to be rendered. Then to make matters worse they make an attempt to be ranchers and present you to treatment usually delegated to the bull.

I waited in line for nearly 5 hours. The guy then took about 15 seconds to look at my plans, tell me to change one thing, then come back. I stepped out of line, fixed the thing, waited another 1/2 hour and then he took 20 seconds and told me to fix another thing and come back tomorrow! It took all I had not to assault the guy. He must have sensed it because he moved back a few feet until I left the office. The bad thing is that my project is on hold until I can get this thing done so all the people who are involved in this project have to wait. It took my wife several hours to calm me down after I got home so yeah, I have some room for improvement.

Ask them to show you the code by paragraph and number that requires the change, that will put the buck back on them. I hate when city officials think that they know everything but cant prove it.

Ask them to show you the code by paragraph and number that requires the change, that will put the buck back on them. I hate when city officials think that they know everything but cant prove it.
That can work, Tim, when you know and understand the code. On the other hand, getting yourself on the bad side of code, inspection, and planning staff can cause you a lot of grief... Often there is some interpretation involved, and it it best if you can get things interpreted to your advantage.

Thanks, guys. I found out that the guy is a known irritant in that office and that everyone there is just waiting for him to retire.

I've noticed most lathes with quick change gearboxes don't offer a 27 tpi setting. Anyone know of a lathe brand that does? Many change gear lathes will do it.
How hard would it be to convert a qcgb-equipped lathe to do 27 tpi? Just one gear?
I can think of two things I ran across that use that thread- microphone stands and sink faucets.
Mark S.
If you have access to standard threading gears as well as the gear box here is a combination that works:
60T on stud driving 16T on bottom/48T on top driving 72T on top/64T on bottom driving 54T on Gearbox.
I have posted a spreadsheet that is unlocked "Metric Lathe threading" that allows you check any gear train. Easily modified for non metric and it has on the last sheet a Microsoft small basic program for calculating the gears for any thread. I easily modified to check for 27 TPI, there are thousands of valid combinations.
Lance

Back