Pump Oil Can Prints

nice , now i allso know theres no checkvalve in the tip of an oilcan , had a few arive here through the mail without the spout (it punched itself through the envelope ) , should be simple enough to make new ones with just a reduced hole on the end

Welcome Tammy!
This is one of the best machinist sites out on the big wide web.

Found this on Youtube and the link took me here and now I found a awesome site to help with my skills..

Thanks!!
Welcome to the site. You will find a host of great people, projects and resources here.

Here are the prints for the pump oil can I made, pictured below.
Many thanks to Bill for the time and effort he spent drawing these up from my previous diagrams.

View attachment 183332

View attachment 183333

Here is a link to the build thread that has a lot of detailed information and assembly instructions:

http://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/oil-can-2.30936/

Enjoy,
Robert
Thank you for sharing these plans
I’ve just completed mine. Took me a couple of tries to get the piston right as I’m a bit of a novice and am working in metric.

But I’m very pleased with the final result. I was able to use scrap lying around, except for the ball bearings.

Here is a pic and short vid

Attachments

• IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    438.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4436.mov
    21.5 MB
I’ve just completed mine. Took me a couple of tries to get the piston right as I’m a bit of a novice and am working in metric.
But I’m very pleased with the final result. I was able to use scrap lying around, except for the ball bearings.

Nice work!
I would be pleased to have that in my shop.
Brian

Thanks mate.
It’s so satisfying to start with a pile of ugly bits of “scrap” and end with a pleasing bit of art that is also functional.

Great work! So cool to see it in use!

Back