Protecting & Maintaining Machined Surfaces

Did a quick internet search for treewax.....mostly beauty products came up, what exactly should I be looking for? Also, when applying this, does the machine need to be free of any oils? Any other tips would be appreciated.

OK...thank you. Didn't realize I was looking for a brand. Seems to be a carnuba wax.

I use and recommend Boeshield T-9. Developed by Boeing to protect airplane parts from rusting during long term storage. Spray on and let dry.

For seasonal storage all you need is to keep the bare surface protected from exposure to the atmosphere. I have had good results just coating smooth dry and oil-free surfaces with masking tape. A heat gun or hair drier is helpful for removing the tape in the spring.

Spiral_Chips

John,

I'm about out of the quart of Ospho I mentioned in my post. You said you got phosphoric acid at the farm store. We finally have a Tractor Supply in the area and I checked their web-site, but they didn't have phosphoric acid listed. What farm store has the stuff?

Thanks,

Rod

John,

I'm about out of the quart of Ospho I mentioned in my post. You said you got phosphoric acid at the farm store. We finally have a Tractor Supply in the area and I checked their web-site, but they didn't have phosphoric acid listed. What farm store has the stuff?

Thanks,

Rod

Tractor supply has a product for cleaning dairy equipment used in milk production. You might try searching words like dairy, milk etc, It has a phosphoric acid content.

Back