Proprietary Bearings may be a reason for the scrap pile

Any chance you could press fit a sleeve inside a common bearing to replicate these?
Rabler,
I was just thinking the same thing.
Actually, the small upper bearing is probably ok.
I could make the bushing from 4140ht.
I’m in this $10 so far. I was hoping for a simple, clean, paint and replace the bearings.
Don't give up on the project just yet. I'm out of town right now and won't be returning until the end of next week. When I do get home I can look up the bearings in a set of catalogs I used for machine design. There are 7 volumes each about 2" thick. They spec out and cross reference supposedly all bearings made from about 1930 to 2000. I've used them in the past to locate hard to find precision bearings in the past. If I remember correctly they were published by the now defunct International Bearing Institute. The standards have been incorporated into the ISO system, but it's usually a nightmare to find them under the new system

In many cases the original part number has been superseded several times between the original introduction and the latest version. They could also be made by different manufacturers with different part numbers due to slight differences in materials.

It would help if you could post a picture of each with the part numbers as legible as possible. A clear picture of each side of each bearing with as much grease and crud removed as possible would be great.

Often times I have contacted a business called "Locate Ball Bearings" with a list of cross referenced part numbers to find obsolete and hard to find bearings. They've been able to come across several times and with prices far more reasonable than anyone else in the business. This company buys out overstock and obsolete stock as well as buying out failed or closed businesses. They literally have hundreds of thousands of bearings in stock.
thank you for the help.
Larry$ found the small one it’s the larger one that interests me. I plan on taking some measurements today.
I’ll also tear into the spindle.
The five sheave pulley sounds a bit challenging.
More research needed.
Heck, I could make one but it would really stretch my abilities.

Attachments

• 9FD9B5CE-3879-4FAD-B57D-D0443C2D74A2.jpeg
    9FD9B5CE-3879-4FAD-B57D-D0443C2D74A2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 01A72753-02C6-4A92-9E27-1493980FE013.jpeg
    01A72753-02C6-4A92-9E27-1493980FE013.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 52E5CAB2-B38C-4D78-A294-DFE4C56A015E.jpeg
    52E5CAB2-B38C-4D78-A294-DFE4C56A015E.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 19
they appear to be standard 202 bearings with sleeves pressed into the ID,
the idea could certainly be replicated
Mike,
I'd agree with you but the rollers ride on the inner piece on both bearings. The bushings are the inner raceways.
I've never seen anything like this. My experience is machinery and automotive. Limited!

they appear to be standard 202 bearings with sleeves pressed into the ID,
the idea could certainly be replicated
Mike,
Operator error.
My harbor freight I ton arbor press wouldn’t budge the bushing.
I resorted to my vise, a proper size drift and a sledge.
The bushing came out.
The smaller bearing is a problem. When’s the last time you saw the bearing number on the inner bushing?

Attachments

• ADC8E61B-681F-4C0B-A0A9-6535B203732C.jpeg
    ADC8E61B-681F-4C0B-A0A9-6535B203732C.jpeg
    882.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 06EC14DF-37F0-4AC9-9AC3-71671DCCCFF7.jpeg
    06EC14DF-37F0-4AC9-9AC3-71671DCCCFF7.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 12D8A80D-2B75-4DBA-A317-66EAF87BCD17.jpeg
    12D8A80D-2B75-4DBA-A317-66EAF87BCD17.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 17
Mike,
Operator error.
My harbor freight I ton arbor press wouldn’t budge the bushing.
I resorted to my vise, a proper size drift and a sledge.
The bushing came out.
The smaller bearing is a problem. When’s the last time you saw the bearing number on the inner bushing?
if you measure the bearing bore with the bushing pressed out, you should see that the bearing is standard size
push the removed bushing into a new bearing to complete the assembly

I could make one but it would really stretch my abilities
That's how we learn!
Unfortunately, that link is not valid anymore =security risk.
I just clicked my original post the site came up. The bearing in the link looks similar with the bushing/ extended inner race. $10 + frt seems like a reasonable risk. I had just Googled the bearing # from your photo.

remove the inner race completely and make your own to fit, if the race can't be removed

That's how we learn!

I just clicked my original post the site came up. The bearing in the link looks similar with the bushing/ extended inner race. $10 + frt seems like a reasonable risk. I had just Googled the bearing # from your photo.
What?
I get an advanced security warning.
I’ll try another browser.
Larry,
The link sends me to EBay. When I type the specs in the EBay search bar I get lots of Fafnir bearings but not the one I need.
This bearing is in pretty good shape, the others are a bit noisy and catchy.
The other three are available no problem

Back