Power feed for a Bridgeport

Good to here from you . how is Mike Carter doing . I pray for every day. This was a old post. I got American made feed off of Ebay . I am dangerous with a lathe and mill.

I would be afraid to use an Align.

I work in a job shop We have an Acura BP clone That has 3 Align power feeds one on each axis that has gotten abused for the last 10 years. .All that has been done to them is I replaced a toggle switch that got broken off and 1 plastic gear that stripped when the X axes handle hit a stand that supported a 5"x 7' shaft. Having 500 to 600 pounds on the table is normal. Yes X, Y, and Z all have power feed.

The last Chinese power feed I had died after 3 months of intermittent use. Of course the guy I bought it from didn't honor the warranty. Fortunately my credit card has their own warranty and they refunded me my money. After that fiasco I found a Servo on Craigslist and it's been free of problems. Find yourself a real feed like a BP or one of the older Servos that you can still get parts and service for.

I vote Servo as well. Mine has performed flawlessly for over 15 years and had a lot of use.
I think it is a 150 and is on my X feed screw. I had it apart once just to check the brushes and
inspect the innards. They are expensive now but probably worth the price.

Edit: I just looked at my Servo and it is a #140,( I still love it though)

Last edited:
My servo 80 quit after 40 yrs it's in the shop getting rebuilt now ,don't think ied want a new one

Hey Dan. glad to see someone I know on the forum. I just installed one of those import table power feeds on my Bridgeport about 6 months ago. Haven't had any problems with it. It doesn't just "bolt on" tho.

Mutt in Wills Point, Texas
employees are hard on equipment

employees are hard on equipment

Bought a couple Servo's on eBay a few months ago. Seller said they needed repairs. I got them for $50 each. Found out one of them needed a little stop on the inside and the other one had a broken wire in the power cord. Fixed both and they have been working great on my x and y axis on my knee mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back