To buy or not

• Yes

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other ideas (comment below idea)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
I have an HF portable and a 4x6 bandsaw. I started out with just the portable and it worked well, although pretty noisy (ear protectors took care of that). After getting the 4x6 I still use it for some things. Portable, ya know?
What blades do you recommend for the 4x6? Talked my wife into getting one this weekend.

I have model Bauer 64194 and use Lenox blades.

Threads per inch wise i am curious on its new for me and while i get it id like to get a blade or 2

I try to get the least TPI I can since I cut a lot of thick material. I have 10/14 TPI blades.

Threads per inch wise i am curious on its new for me and while i get it id like to get a blade or 2

10/14 is a good general purpose blade, it is what I have mostly used and it has been fine for tubing down to about 1/16" wall, and has cut 1" steel stock just fine.

A courser TPI blade would probably cut thick stuff faster, but will not work so well on most tubing. 18 or 24TPI is good if you cut a lot of thin wall tubing.

You want to look for a good bi-metal blade. A lot of people recommend Lenox, but just because it is easy HF does sell some decent bi-metal blades, some are even USA made.

I picked up each tpi at HF while i was there. Got the last saw there!

These portable saw although they are pretty impressive in the ability’s they all have there place the right tool for the right job I do HVCA and some Fab welding work and I’ve cut thru railroad track with my big like nothing but it’s hard to beat a horizontal band saw or a vertical bandsaw depending on what your trying to do

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Harbor Freight (or Grizzly) horizontal bandsaw. Does what you need, while you work on something else.

Back