• No

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Other ideas (comment below idea)

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Brento

Registered
Registered
I am thinking of picking this up to cut my stock as i dont have anything but a hacksaw. Is it worth getting these or should i work out issues with using an abrasive saw. My problem with an abrasive saw is i still cant cut aluminum.

Attachments

• 612530D2-515A-41D9-A9CB-7BF6AB690D39.png
    612530D2-515A-41D9-A9CB-7BF6AB690D39.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
I have both a portable and a 4x6 horizontal. Both harbor freight. Both work great once the blade was changed. And in reality the original blade was okay new, they just didn't last long. The portable saw was first, because abrasive wasn't getting it. A lot of noise and dust and time a-wasted with abrasive. The portable works great except I can't cut straight vertically with it. It's a very very right-handed device. I don't get along with right handed devices. So I finally broke down and committed the floor space to a horizontal. The portable still gets used when portable desired, but the 4x6 is now the go-to saw.

And I just realized your link is to a cordless saw. I didn't know Ryobi made that. I have nearly every other Ryobi 18V device. Crap. There goes my birthday money.

I'm considering a corded portables. I tried one recently, and cut some 2" diameter steel with no issues, and what I thought was relatively fast. It was a corded HF Bauer. Sure beat my hand hacksaw. It is a great solution if you are limited on space like I am. The only reason I haven't purchased one yet, is that although I am limited on space, I could make room outside under a deck for an old power hacksaw.

They work great do you need to be cordless ? I would buy a corded model they have much bigger cut capacity and don't go obsolete when the battery dies Here is the one I have https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200780083_200780083

How strait do you need to be? they make bench top models and there are stand kits to convert some of the saws to a bench saw

You can get a non ferrous blade for you chop saw or buy a dry cut saw https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...iPQVXDZSIcE3SIIuslrfxLo2ORHfsu1hoCfUcQAvD_BwE

A 4 by 6 bandsaw is always nice

Attachments

• 20210412_093632.jpg
    20210412_093632.jpg
    920.2 KB · Views: 34
This may be your answer:
I cuts all types of metal at the higher rpms of your abrasive chop saw.

And I just realized your link is to a cordless saw. I didn't know Ryobi made that. I have nearly every other Ryobi 18V device. Crap. There goes my birthday money.
Yea my dad has Ryobi and i will prob go into the line as well as it is cheaper but has come a long way from being the cheap power-tool if that makes sense?
This may be your answer:
I cuts all types of metal at the higher rpms of your abrasive chop saw.
I have thought of maybe doing that. However i am thinking of maybe trying to get away from the saw i think to maybe better myself in other ways and i am thinking maybe a bandsaw or something along the line could be better.

They work great do you need to be cordless ? I would buy a corded model they have much bigger cut capacity and don't go obsolete when the battery dies Here is the one I have https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200780083_200780083

How strait do you need to be? they make bench top models and there are stand kits to convert some of the saws to a bench saw

You can get a non ferrous blade for you chop saw or buy a dry cut saw https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...iPQVXDZSIcE3SIIuslrfxLo2ORHfsu1hoCfUcQAvD_BwE

A 4 by 6 bandsaw is always nice
I prob dont need to be cordless but the amount of stuff i am cutting i think a battery would be ok. Especially if i have a few already and will be buying into the line. Can i see the table that goes with that? I am sure they can be for multiple saws.

My little table is a quicky shop made one it bolts in where the blade guide goes with some countersunk screws worked really good though you can find them for sale also
notice the coolant drip too :)

Back