Pm935tv Received!

A

Alan H.

Forum Guest
Register Today
Thanks to all here for the advice and the insights. After much evaluation, I opted for a PM935TV mill. I looked at lots of options and ultimately landed on the 935 for it reduced size as compared to a full size knee mill. I ordered it last week and one week later it is now sitting in my shop ready for cleanup and placement. Matt and friends at QMT installed the DRO and table feed and then shipped it out warp speed!

I picked it up at FEDEX Freight two days ago on my trailer and then got it moved into the shop yesterday.

In another thread I queried for crate size to assure myself I could get it into the garage under cover until I could move it into the shop. For reference my shipment was in 4' x 4' x 69" crate. It fit into the garage with no issue on my trailer.
in th garage from FEDEX.jpg

The next chore was to get it into the shop. I hired a gent with a Bobcat and he snatched it out of the trailer while hooked to my truck, and got it into the shop via some french doors. Here he is backing down the slope to get to the back of the house and my basement shop. I have been quite impressed with the crate/pallet QMT/Matt builds for shipping this little beast. I did strap it down a bit before we took it on its overland journey to the shop:

backing down the hill.jpg

Arrived down the hill, made the turn, and stabbing it into the shop.

stabbing it in.jpg

Deed is done and backing out!

deed is done.jpg

Now here she sits in the shop awaiting cleanup and placement. Like others, I will use a shop hoist to move it now.

In the shop.jpg

I am posting this so it may help others in the future for ideas on how to deal with getting one of these to its new home.

Thanks again for all the feedback here. Thanks to Zmotorsports for the great videos and thanks to several of you that I spoke to either directly or by P.M. And of course thanks to Matt and QMT for getting it to me in one piece!

When your cleaning it up , don't crank the ram too far forward , it can get stuck. I can upload a pic of a mark I put on it for future reference. It's a nice machine. ztmotorsport also gave me the low down on it .

When your cleaning it up , don't crank the ram too far forward , it can get stuck. I can upload a pic of a mark I put on it for future reference. It's a nice machine. ztmotorsport also gave me the low down on it .
Thanks for the tip and yes, please do upload the picture.

Congrats on the new mill, always so exciting to get new equipment and set it up. Make some chips and have fun.

From the back the mark is at 11-5/8 . If you crank the ram farther forward than this to clean off cosmolene, you will hear a clunk . Then you've gotta go get a buddy and both of you apply some upward force while jiggling on the ram and it will engage and go back on the rack gear.
Doable , but not fun if you don't know what the heck just happened or how to fix it.
I was sure to put this mark is about 1/4" before where that happens . Hope this saves anyone a prob .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back11-58.jpg

Front7-14.jpg

Thanks So Much for the heads-up! Mine is coming this Tuesday so this will be at the top of the to-do list.
What are you using to clean off cosmolene?

Looks like a nice machine. You must have been a good boy this year. Cheers, Mike

Back