PM935T Has landed

...actually, the absolutely WORST way to try to assure quality, is by trying to "inspect in quality".

True high quality comes from manufacturing processes that make the product RIGHT the first time. This means process control. NOT inspection after the fact.

Each manufacturing operation must have the proper tools, trained technicians, good raw materials, etc, to assure a high level of "process capability." This means, that the manufacturing step is done right.

If done right, the QC check after everything is built, should be an afterthought.
Take it as you will. As mentioned, I was in aerospace. In any “quality“ operation, QA and production work hand in glove.

Quality is built in but it is also verified.

You can try and build in quality all you want, if its not verified, you have no idea if you are hitting the mark or not.

This is starting to go round and round, so I’m out.

ciao.

Last edited:
Well I have not herd word one on the replacement parts for the worm drive for tilting the head. So based on the cricket treatment I have received from PM, I decided to just order parts direct from China or Twain, I don't know whitch, I got the kit from Aliexpress, any way got them yesterday. Every thing for 31.00 usd with express airpac. They fit perfectly and the machine is now on its way back together. One other thing the paint s suckling big time. It chips off just looking at it. The service sucks from Matt and who ever is working in support. I don't plan give but 1 start to Matt's support now. I wan't be recommending PM any longer. Very disappointed!
CH Perdue

Attachments

• not from PM.jpg
    not from PM.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 43
All ready handle by myself. This purchase was less than a pleasant experience. First off my order was bubbled I did not get my DRO in the shipment with the machine, had to contact your company twice to get the DRO on the way. Secondly the head till worm drive shaft and gear was damaged in shipping, and and ate its self when I tried to rotate the head to an up right position, after no response from PM I found and ordered the parts and had them shipped direct from the source for $31.00 in less time than it took PM to even respond. Oh by the way don't ship these mills with the head at 90 degrees to the table it is better to turn the head so support can be had from the table.
CH

OK I am looking in to this, and it is certainly not what was said above, not at all.

You emailed first on 8/25 and just said you needed the parts, nothing about it arriving like that or anything, just a parts list. Mike replied right away.

But this message about the parts was sent from an email that was not the same as what your order was under, so they did not know who you were at first. We have 2 emails on file for you, but this one you messaged about the parts was different than both of those. (Not that its a problem, but they were no sure who you were yet, that's all)

We also have you with the same address but 2 different cities - one says Peyton, CO and the other says Falcon, CO. But same street address.

Mike emailed you back 6 times between 8/25 and 8/31, and did not receive a single reply from you.

I searched the other email that we have on file for you, that was the email you used when you reported about the missing DRO, that was shipped right away and delivered to you on 8/30. There was also conversation back and forth before you bought the machine and that was all answered by us and you just like normal.

I also searched both phone numbers that we have on file for you, and there is no record of a single call from you in the last 90 days (If you called after hours that would not show, these are call recordings I looked up) So unless you called from a different number, you did not call and talk to anyone.

I am thinking that you emailed us from another email address that you don't use often or something and did not realize that.

Please check your email with the 777 in it @gmail That is the one you messaged us from about the parts, so that is the one they were replying to but not getting any response from you.

I think once you check that email and realize what happened here, you will see that nobody was ignoring you at all. And hopefully we can get back on the good side of you after this mis-understanding passes.

Last edited:
How did you have to contact us twice about the DRO? I see one message, from your other email, that was handled right away. You originally also said you were missing the crank but then emailed back and said no you were not that you found it in the toolbox, so you emailed twice, but that was just to let us know about the crank?

How did you have to contact us twice about the DRO? I see one message, from your other email, that was handled right away. You originally also said you were missing the crank but then emailed back and said no you were not that you found it in the toolbox, so you emailed twice, but that was just to let us know about the crank?
First off I used your contact form, on your web site with the latest email whitch is co*****ong@ gmail was used to order the mill, this email has been the only one for over 5 yr because of spam emails, on the email ****777@gmail has not been active for over 5 yr. So the email *****777@gmail is long out of date. As far as the address I live in the county and Falcon/ Peyton are in same zip code. Both are correct, Ilive in Falcon but we don't have our own zip code yet. Falcon is much larger in the county than Peyton is now. OK, I can see where the confusion came from. I used the website contact form to order parts. That was never addressed, or answer.

You type in your email in when you fill out that contact form, we have no control over what email is put in. We can not possibly control which email the customer puts in that contact form from our end The only thing I can think of is that your computer had it saved and it automatically filled it in for you, but that was certainly not something that happened on our end. When we received your message on 8/25, you emailed us from that 777@gmail email and that was what they had been responding to, that is why you did not receive it.

I see that Mike messaged you this morning and copied your other email on the replies and you responded so it seems to be taken care of. I do not think those parts you ordered are going to be an exact match so I am having him send out the proper parts, he said we have them in stock.

Well I have not herd word one on the replacement parts for the worm drive for tilting the head. So based on the cricket treatment I have received from PM, I decided to just order parts direct from China or Twain, I don't know whitch, I got the kit from Aliexpress, any way got them yesterday. Every thing for 31.00 usd with express airpac. They fit perfectly and the machine is now on its way back together. One other thing the paint s suckling big time. It chips off just looking at it. The service sucks from Matt and who ever is working in support. I don't plan give but 1 start to Matt's support now. I wan't be recommending PM any longer. Very disappointed!
CH Perdue
This is interesting. What search criteria on AliExpress did you use to find Precision Matthews parts?

Lynn

Back