Pm757 Cnc Spindle Start

Would this work? connecting the the center terminal from the DPDT switch (INA and INB) to A1. One side would go to load from KM1 and KM2 (power coming from momentary switches). On the opposite side of the DPDT would connect to each relay. The remaining terminal from the relay connect to load jumped from the stop momentary button.

Attachments

• Relay Wiring Revised.pdf
    213.1 KB · Views: 85
Sorry I ran out of time yesterday. First day back at work after a two week break and I'm trying to get caught up. I'll take a look this evening.

Sorry I ran out of time yesterday. First day back at work after a two week break and I'm trying to get caught up. I'll take a look this evening.
I can understand that! It's always hard to go back to work after a break. Thanks!

Just some food for thought. The hurdle with keeping the factory switching is the latching circuits. Once the contactor coil is activated it will stay on until the load path is interrupted (stop switch). It might be possible to use a switching scheme to break those latching circuits so the contactor coils are only energized while the SSR is active.

My thought was by bringing the load path from the stop switch. Once the ssr is switched off it should break that path in the same way pressing the stop button would. It seems to make sense in my head, but I could be very wrong. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with this.

Setting this up for auto/manual operation is a little complicated with the existing system. You still need to maintain the E-stop circuit, as well as the control power. The DPDT switch will work for switching between auto and manual.

It looks like you need to pull power for the SSRs just downstream from the power switch. Then break it with the DPDT switch as shown on the drawing above.

Setting this up for auto/manual operation is a little complicated with the existing system. You still need to maintain the E-stop circuit, as well as the control power. The DPDT switch will work for switching between auto and manual.

It looks like you need to pull power for the SSRs just downstream from the power switch. Then break it with the DPDT switch as shown on the drawing above.
That did the trick! I'll post a schematic later tonight, but everything is working. Thank you guys for your help!

Awesome! I'm glad you got it working. Jim D's the man!

Awesome! I'm glad you got it working. Jim D's the man!
Without your initial diagram I would not have figured this out.

So here is what I did....

disconnected the wire labeled 3 from the NO side of the forward button. I'm not sure if the wire is numbered the same on all PM727's but you want the wire that is coming from the power switch. Connect this wire to the center post on the DPDT switch. One of the remaining contacts on the DPDT is going to connect to the same place you pulled the wire from the NO spot on the forward switch. This is how you will maintain manual control in this position. The remaining contact on the DPDT switch will connect to one of the contacts on the AC side of the SSR. The remaining contact on the AC side of the SSR will connect to the NC of the reverse button. Do not remove any wires from the reverse button, you are just jumping power to it from the SSR. Power and E-Stop both work when the system is in CNC and Manual mode.

Since I don't ever use reverse I did not bother setting up reverse operation though CNC control.

Attachments

• PM-727_Manual_2015_v4 19.pdf
    289.8 KB · Views: 82
Back