Pm1030v Won't Power Up.

Did your machine come with a manual that has a wiring schematic? I don't see one on PM's website. If you have one and can post it here do so. If all the other suggestions have not worked it should not be too difficult to chase down with a multimeter.

Ok, I'll look past the amber power indicator.

I'm getting no action on the LCD.

I just tried the green power button on with direction knob set to forward, O and reverse. Still nothing.

I've tried the chuck guard up, down and midway. Nothing.

I'll wait on Matt. Maybe he's run across this before..

Did you pull the fuses to check them? You can sometimes get "false positive" feedback through the rest of the circuit even with a blown fuse.

Tom

I would gladly scan and post a manual but, my unit did not come with one either.

Just for giggles, did you check continuity of the three safety interlock switches (belt cover, e-stop and chuck guard) when engaged and disengaged?

Last edited:
As mentioned above, sounds like you've checked everything except the Chuck guard safety switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I spent some time chasing things today with a multimeter, wound up pulling the on/off switch apart just for giggles.

Kinda cycled the on and off sides of the switched and checked for voltage, everything looked fine.

Put it back together and it it worked.

So, who knows why but it's currently operating. ;)

I appreciate all the brain storming.

Don't pay attention to the outlets in the background, those are being wired today as well..

IMG_2880.PNG

Good you found the resolution to your problem! Nothing worse then wanting to use something and having to wait for the answers or solution to a problem. Please post pics etc. of your machine setup and impressions because I for one am interested due to the fact I would like to purchase a machine in this size and price range.

Good you found the resolution to your problem! Nothing worse then wanting to use something and having to wait for the answers or solution to a problem. Please post pics etc. of your machine setup and impressions because I for one am interested due to the fact I would like to purchase a machine in this size and price range.

If you want the 1030v, verify with Matt that they are available. I believe that I got the last one a bit over a month ago. I was told thatit may be a few months til more come in.

If you want the 1030v, verify with Matt that they are available. I believe that I got the last one a bit over a month ago. I was told thatit may be a few months til more come in.

That's the one I'm thinking, but I have time to wait.

Back