Pm1030v Won't Power Up.

BellyUpFish

Active User
Registered
So, I bought a 1030v back in June but have been moving, etc and just started getting it setup today.

Plugged it up and I'm not getting any signs of power at the machine.

Chased the power into the cabinet and I'm getting 120v at least to what looks like a relay to me. Didn't chase it any further.

The on/off switch with amber power indicator isn't lit.

All fuses show continuity, so I assume they're good.

I've sent PM an email, but it's the New Years weekend, so they're understandably out of the office.

I checked the gear cover door and chuck cover just to see if they may be keeping it from getting power, but that doesn't seem like something that would stop all power from the unit?

Anyone have any ideas before PM has a chance to get with me?

Did you check the E-stop button, need to twist it to reset. When I got my PM727m the E-stop had to be reset.

Should have included that it powers down the entire machine so no power indicator illumination. Hope this helps! :encourage:

Yes, I've got it out, but have tried it every which direction. I guess I could try and bypass it, and see if that helps it get power.

Do not worry Matt seems to have an eye on his e-mail at the oddest times, don't ask me how I know.

He's been great so far. I have no doubts he'll take care of me, just wanted to play with my new "toy" this weekend. ;)

The gear cover has a bracket mounted on the bottom/rear that depresses a safety switch. It is easy to put the cover on without depressing the switch completely. You can find and press the switch manually to determine if the cover is not installed properly.

Jon

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the cover safety switch is engaged, but I'll check it again. Thank you.

Well, I removed the gear cover bracket - the piece that slides into the switch - and installed it in the switch off the cover, so it's definitely made up and still no amber power indicator.

Messed with the e-stop button some more and it's tried it both depressed and twisted out. Still nothing.

I can't find any wires that are broken or loose. I wondering if there is a bad/dead switch some where.

Well, I removed the gear cover bracket - the piece that slides into the switch - and installed it in the switch off the cover, so it's definitely made up and still no amber power indicator.

Messed with the e-stop button some more and it's tried it both depressed and twisted out. Still nothing.

I can't find any wires that are broken or loose. I wondering if there is a bad/dead switch some where.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the amber power indicator light. I replaced my switch bearing the same part number with this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251930587675?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

and the light still doesn't illuminate. I don't believe the light option is wired into our machines. In fact, I think several momentary switches were used on this machine. My experience with China/Taiwanese machines, is that they use whatever is on hand and works.....let it fly.

I have no advice on your machine not powering up besides what others have said. Check all the safety interlocks, belt/gear cover, stupid chuck guard. On my machine, I have to push the green power button every time I want to turn the spindle on with the direction switch set to forward or reverse.

Back