PM-833T Shop Made Base

Here are few steps and the final result. Now I can move it to its permanent place and start playing...

20200326_014602c.jpg

20200327_004026c.jpg

20200327_011453c.jpg

20200327_020550c.jpg

20200327_020626c.jpg

Here are few steps and the final result. Now I can move it to its permanent place and start playing...

View attachment 318258

View attachment 318259

View attachment 318260

View attachment 318261

View attachment 318262
Great job, looks super solid, convenient tool storage right at the machine! You may consider expanding the chip pan to the LH/RH edges of your stand; the chips will fly. Or just a couple of pans on either side that are easy to dump and set back in place. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Bruce

Great job, looks super solid, convenient tool storage right at the machine! You may consider expanding the chip pan to the LH/RH edges of your stand; the chips will fly. Or just a couple of pans on either side that are easy to dump and set back in place. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.

Bruce
Thank you!

This is the plan. I will add removable chip storage probably beyond the stand edges on the left and right so I can catch up as much as possible.

Ariel

I've found the factory chip tray doesn't catch many chips compared to what's within 4' of my mill. Chips are everywhere. I need to surround the whole mill with a shower curtain or something!

Good ideas to consider.

I was planning to make a tray that will go all the way to the wall next to the machine so chips will not go behind which is much harder to clean.

What's the height on that stand? my 833tv just showed up and I'm picking up some steel to build a similar stand for it this week. Just haven't nailed down toolbox options for under it

Attachments

• Base for PM-833T (QCAD) 20200310-02.dxf
    3.5 MB · Views: 106
  • Base for PM-833T (QCAD) 20200310-02 2.pdf
    669.3 KB · Views: 125
Question: How to (properly) attach the PM-833T/TV to a shop made base?

I bought the chip tray from PM and I am building my own base with storage drawers. The tray has threaded (10mm) standoffs welded to the tray. Looks like the tray design was picked from the combined tray/base below (without coolant feed and drain.) It does not make sense to me to attach the mill only to the tray and attach the tray to my stand separately as it seems pretty flimsy. I am thinking of grinding out the standoffs and drill holes through the tray to allow 3/8" or 5/16" bolts for attaching to the 1/2" metal plate that is on top of my stand.

See below picture of the tray and the stand from PM. Looks like the standoffs have a rigid welded connection to the base.

View attachment 317758

1. Is my theory correct?
  2. How did others solve the problem?
  3. Other ideas?

Ariel
What size and thread are those bolts if you know? I bought an 833T but then had a medical issue that left it uninstalled for over a year. Recently got it up on the stand and the bolt I though went to it don't seem to want to thread. Before I screw something up I'd like to double check I'm using the right ones. Thanks

What size and thread are those bolts if you know? I bought an 833T but then had a medical issue that left it uninstalled for over a year. Recently got it up on the stand and the bolt I though went to it don't seem to want to thread. Before I screw something up I'd like to double check I'm using the right ones. Thanks
The original standoffs threads are M10-1.5, the original bolts were about 4" long which is height of the base at the mounting holes.

I hope this helps.

Ariel

Back