PM-1228 Lathe Help Please!

We have this lathe at work for small stuff but have not run into this issue YET.
Thanks a ton for your help. I will try your suggestions. How do you propose I remove the half nuts as I don't see how they remove? Sorry, but trying to get better at repairing as I am a virtual newbie:)

There are 4 bolts that hold the half nuts. You can see 2 here and the other 2 are hidden to the right. The outer ones are to set the tension as per the manual. That upper one that sticks out the top of the upper nut, I have a thought that it is to limit the height that it can lift but that is just a guess.
1586611567224.png

There are 4 bolts that hold the half nuts. You can see 2 here and the other 2 are hidden to the right. The outer ones are to set the tension as per the manual. That upper one that sticks out the top of the upper nut, I have a thought that it is to limit the height that it can lift but that is just a guess.
View attachment 320547
Ok. I will try. Those 4 bolts appear to hold the tracks (ways) in place for the half nut to travel on. Thanks again!!

While you are there, check that there is no crud to stop the handle from moving through its whole range of motion.

While you are there, check that there is no crud to stop the handle from moving through its whole range of motion.
Ok. All looks ok. I just don't see an adjustment on the half nuts. The attach to the split nut lever with no apparent adjustment. I will just try to clean and lube like you said and see what happens. Frustrating to say the least. Thanks again for you taking time to help!!!

So after taking apron off and not seeing any way to adjust half nut, I cleaned and lubed as others have suggested. Definitely better, but not perfect. Still open to any suggestions as to what may be causing this movement while half nut is in "neutral". Thanks.

Are you able to see the "lockout" mechanism, I'm wondering if that is interfering. I have to wiggle the half nut lever to engage my cross slide when switching back, and forth.

Back