Pm 1022 V

Dang, I actually had a picture of a 1022v from Matt with a QCTP installed on it. I somehow missed his email and it went unnoticed for a few months. I still have to send him a response when I get time. But I'll post it if I get onto my laptop tonight. It was a pretty nice looking lathe. He sent me an email explaining that many guys were requesting the QCTP on that lathe so he had to get it altered a bit for the QCTP to fit on it. I believe he said it is an AXA sized tool post. But it sure does make me excited to receive mine now.

Takes me forever to download a pic on my fried computer. But I hope this pic comes through.
PM-1022V_Apron_-_Bed.JPG

Any updates on those that have either a PM-1022V or PM-1030V on order? Have you received it and if so can you provide some information as to how things are going with the new "baby"?

My 1030 is on a slow truck from PA. Its should to be here around next Monday, the link Nicole gave me is corrupted and I can't check on its progress. One more thing she said they got no stands with this batch of 1030s so I will have to design and build my own, it shouldn't be too hard.

I was looking at a tool box at Costco that looks like it might make a good base for a lathe.

http://www.costco.com/.product.1001...vc=itempageVerticalRight|CategorySiloedViewCP

It's not as tall as some, 37" with a butcher block top and good sized wheels, and at 48" would accommodate a number of the smaller lathes. It's not cheap, but would provide lots of storage.

On another subject, I called Matt at PM to inquire about the PM 1022's and he said they may not ever get them back in stock. I'm a bit disappointed as that was the size that would best fit my needs, budget, and available space.

He indicated the 1030 has pretty much taken its place and they currently have inventory of those at this time.

Talk about service Matt sent me an email to help me out but the freight line and my computer aren't talking still. LOL.

I have a good friend that is a retired Master Machinist and owner of a local fab shop. I will give my opinion, which will only be my opinion of what I see, and also more importantly my friends opinion when we get it and have time to use it some. This friend has already cost my over $3300. and I'm not tooled and now we're talking about a mill.

Also the PM1030V is 52 inches if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
I'm in Pittsburgh this morning to pick up my 1030V. I finished welding up the stand for it and got it painted before I left to come up here. I will post pictures when I get home with the lathe.

Jon

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Matt checked for me and my 1030should be here Monday. :)

Last edited:
so has it been a long weekend? sort of like the day before Christmas when you were 8 yo?

It was a busy weekend for me, if that was directed at me. Saturday started early due to our last track day of the season and then trying to get to my brothers place by supper time for his birthday, three hours away in the mountains. Then home today, at a reasonable time, due to the wife working tomorrow. But yes I can't wait for it to get here so I can get measurements to start the stand. I will put it on my 2'x5' welding table so we can get it up and running for the time being.

Back