Please excuse my excitement. A very simple project.

I hate those damn springs. First thing I do is take em off & toss em in the trash. Well not maybe not in the trash but I have no idea where they are now.

They sell chuck keys that have a spring on them to make them pop out of the chuck if you aren't pushing in on the chuck key. That way you can't leave them in accidentally. I imagine it would also be a pretty simple modification to add a spring to an existing chuck key.

What's funny/odd is that the lathe came with a drill chuck for the tailstock, and the key for that does have a spring...

I'm just bustin your chops Robo , no harmful intentions . But , nothing good could come of a key left in a chuck . This is machining 101 . You're out free on bail ! :big grin:

Had a shop teacher in school, ex polish air force guy, first class was "everyone crouch behind work benches" puts drill chuck key in drill press, turns on drill press, key embeds in wall "dont leave key in chuck" .

To be fair to the guy it did work well as a teaching method, :)

Stu

Cripes! Ok, he gets it!! Don’t leave mankillers in chuck. Can we release the hostages and give him back his thread?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back