Pic Of Atlas Lathe - May Buy - Atlas Experts Get In Here !!

The only thing if it has timken bearing they are costly to replace, it is a special bearing in front, i think mine were $300 out of Calf.

The legs alone sell for $300 - $400.00. I need a pair for my Atlas shaper.
Where is this located ???

To answer one of your original questions, as best I can tell from the end view photo, the Model number is QC54.

EDIT - Which would mean that it has a 54" long bed and is a 10x36. The other choice would be QC42 (10x24)

Last edited:
That looks like a QC54 for sure. $600 is a righteous price with all the tooling and the table. I'd snatch that up FAST before it gets away. I have a TH42 (change gears) and have been given a QC54 that was under water in Katrina. The bed is well rusted, but the change gears look OK and look like that will fit my TH42.(I hope!!) It is a light duty lathe as are all those flat bed lathes, but for hobby work, they are hard to beat if you can get one at the right price.

That's a great price and you can't lose $ on it, I'd buy it in a second! I have the same lathe with a shorter bet, 42" I think, good little light duty lathe.

Actually, whether a lathe has a flat bed or a V-bed has nothing to do with its size or stiffness. The largest flat bed lathe that I ever stood on (literally) had a 60" swing and as best I recall a 20 foot bed. It was turning a piece of .562" wall 48" X-60 line pipe for me.

I have essentially the same lathe. If the motor runs and everything moves reasonably smoothly (gummy grease and oil is normal for ones that have been sitting, rust is not) go for it. Try and see if there is a box or bin of tooling for it. Relatives likely have no idea what goes with the lathe...but that can easily double the value.

Back