Perhaps she won't notice the #8,000 lathe in the driveway...

That is a great score. If you don't mind how much did you end up spending? Needing a table overhaul wont be too difficult, just take pic of each part as you take it off. That way you just scroll backwards to re-assemble it when you are done rebuilding or making new parts. The need for the repair should have lowered the price a good bit too. Good luck and no pics means it didn't really happen.

Bob

There's always room for one more! Right?

That's a beast! I think my garage slab would sink into the ground if I parked it there. It's hard to imagine anything that *wouldn't* fit in that machine... at least in my world. NICE score!

[edit] Note to self: start going to more garage sales.

GG

Perhaps she won't notice the #8,000 lathe in the driveway... ;)

That reminds me of when I bought a shaper without telling my girlfriend about it. (This was just before Christmas ) ... We have seperate abodes and she was coming over on a Saturday night (the same day that I bought the shaper).... I was feeling a little guilty about my impulsive purchase and decided to put a tarp over it and then further disguise it by leaning my "red" step ladder against it.... You have to walk through my shop to go upstairs to my living quarters....

Well, she's sharp as a tack.... I might as well have placed a lit highway flare beside it.... she stops in midstride... turns to look at the "camo" ... turns back to me and says.... " Did you buy me a machine for Christmas ?" .... Me ... "Errrrrmmm.... what machine... ? "
She just laughed at me and we had a great night... :)

A very impressive lathe Daryl. I can't wait to see some additional pics and details about it.

Cheers... :)

Brian

The pic is still in their shop.
Paid $1755 loaded without the DRO.
I'll try to take some pics of the unloading and rebuild.

Daryl
MN

Thats sweet Daryl, most my big stuff I sneeked in 3 in the morning so she wouldnt be the wiser!!

sam

Back