Perhaps she won't notice the #8,000 lathe in the driveway...

Uglydog

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
"Really dear, it started as a casual drive with my little trailer driving around the MN country side to watch the leaves turn, don't you remember me asking you to come with? I stopped at a garage sale, you like garage sales! ....and well, I just couldn't say no thank you as this giant fork lift loaded the #8000 24"swing x 60"center-center Boye and Emmes lathe on my gentle #12,000 trailer."

Perhaps as I conjure how I'm gonna get her off the trailer and figure out where she is gonna live she won't notice and ask whats under the tarp? Richard King is coaching me to let my 16x30 Boye and Emmes lathe with factory taper attachment find a new home.

Any takers on the 16x30? There is room in my dog house!!

Daryl
MN

B&E 1.JPG

Attachments

• Boye Emmes Bulletin 50.pdf
    16.2 MB · Views: 41
That is a sweet looking machine! Don't you know you're supposed to park the trailer at a buddies house until you have a stealth plan on switching them out, Geesh!

Ya, you can park it over here. I think I have a long extension cord around here somewhere....

You know if you get rid of the current lathe, the new lathe will get lonley!

Jake Parker

Point of clarity.
Yes, eventually one will have to go.
I participated in one of Richard Kings scraping classes, my intent is that the outbound lathe be sold after a rebuild.
Likely late next summer...
In the mean time... Terry, if you have a long extension cord and a way to get her off ... Seriously the apron on the 16x30 needs a rebuild before she can be used.
I'll post a proper "For Sale" late next summer.

Daryl
MN

I've got access to a Cat 950 loader with a set of forks, but I think if I took it from work they would miss it in a hurry!!

I just noticed, has that got a DRO on it too??? NICE!!!!

beautiful old iron... can you deliver?..might need the machine and the doghouse

Nice lathe. I can off load that for you, but I guess you'd have to leave it here.:whistle:

It has a table on the tail stock mmm thats handy :) also making me think its even bigger than it looks in the pic

Stuart

It has a table on the tail stock mmm thats handy :) also making me think its even bigger than it looks in the pic

Stuart

The table is obviously to hold your sandwich and beer so you don't have to be away for long. :man:

Back