Peerless Power Hacksaw

Thanks, gentlemen. You will surely understand my desire to get the pump right even if I never use it. Same reason I buffed out the old blowtorch I found by the railroad tracks to make a table lamp; same reason somebody detailed this old iron with red paint.

The old Peerless hack saw we had back home, the coolant pump was flat worn out when we brought it home. Rather than trying to rebuild it, I bought a water cooler water pump and installed in the bottom of the sump and ran a piece of hose up the the spout. It was still running up to the day we sold it off some 25 years later. Most of the time we would just fill the sump with plain old well water at the homestead an use for coolant.

Thanks, gentlemen. You will surely understand my desire to get the pump right even if I never use it. Same reason I buffed out the old blowtorch I found by the railroad tracks to make a table lamp; same reason somebody detailed this old iron with red paint.
Did you get your pump running?

Hello all,

We finally got the supplied Peerless power hacksaw manuals uploaded to the document section here:

Thanks to user @Ski and also to Peerless Industrial Equipment Corp. and particularly Mike Paulik at Peerless.

Sorry for the delay, there were some gremlins at work there too.

-brino
Hello,
I know this is an older post. I am a new member and have recently acquired a Peerless that I think is a 13" Standard model. I am trying to download some of the manuals listed here but it says "no permission to download" beside the file name. Do I need to do something as a new member to get permission for downloading? And thank you for sharing them whether I can download or not! (FYI, I had to remove the link from the original post to be able to reply.)

Hello @rabforge ,

Welcome to the group!

This site requires users to be a "paying member" to download the manuals, to help defray server hosting costs.

I believe these are the latest membership levels and costs:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...p-levels-permissions-and-site-features.81683/

A $10/year Silver membership will give you access to downloads, plus no ads, and a couple other benefits.

Brian

PS: you might also check here for manuals:
http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=2350&tab=3

Hello @rabforge ,

Welcome to the group!

This site requires users to be a "paying member" to download the manuals, to help defray server hosting costs.

Also a practical way to support a valuable community and resource. Please join as a paying member! Thank you from a fellow user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back