Parts Washer Tank

Thanks guys for the responses to my question.I see that there is lots of choices on cleaning fluids for parts washers.I also like the ideal of diesel fuel.But the guy I purchase this from has three or had three of these parts washers and like Tony couple others he only use Varsol,he also said that it can be purchase from auto parts houses but I google varsol but no place pop up that sales varsol.Any ideals on where to check?

Thanks guys for the responses to my question.I see that there is lots of choices on cleaning fluids for parts

have you considered LPS products ? i have used this in my tool repair business for many years, non flamable and the stuff that gets into it actually settles out. i think its LPS-1 oiless lubricant by actual name.

LPS added to the choice list and it sounds very good.I did find out that my parts washer will hold 45gals of cleaner and it has a hand held sprayer and a continuous flow flexible hose.But in the bottom of the tank is a steel tubing that goes across the width of tank with a hole every 3".Which I have no ideal what its for but maybe just for circulation
David,5gals of LPS-----259.00 which is in line with some of the other products for parts washer

DSC02478.JPG DSC02479.JPG DSC02480.JPG

Last edited:
I have used Gunk S-C Super Concentrate degreaser for over 45 years
http://www.amazon.com/Gunk-SC3-Super-Concentrate-Degreaser/dp/B000ABIDJE
get it from NAPA or Amazon
mixes with no2 diesel and works very well
after cleaning parts can be blown dry or if washed off with water, the degreaser removes the diesel residue
1 gal makes 6-21 gallons depending on mix
your 45 gal wash tank will cost something like 43 gal diesel at $4/gal = $172 + 2 gal of concentrate at $36 = 72
for a total of $244
there is the added bonus of longevity of the mix, my current parts washer was filled about 2.5 years ago & still cleans fine.

LPS added to the choice list and it sounds very good.I did find out that my parts washer will hold 45gals of cleaner and it has a hand held sprayer and a continuous flow flexible hose.But in the bottom of the tank is a steel tubing that goes across the width of tank with a hole every 3".Which I have no ideal what its for but maybe just for circulation
David,5gals of LPS-----259.00 which is in line with some of the other products for parts washer

That is a nice size solvent tank. The largest parts I fit into mine, or try to rather, are a transmission case. Generally I wash from one end then flip it end for end and wash the other as it won't quite lie down in my ZEP tank.

The last couple transmission I have done I just took to a local shop and they hot tanked them for me for $25.00. Thought that was worth it.

Well guys I pick up afew gals of varsol,but I want to try and keep it clean if possible so zmotorsport do you have any picks of your filtering system?I sure would like to add that to my tank.Haven't put the varsol in yet,waiting for my next project.Guys thanks again for the suggestions

Well guys I pick up afew gals of varsol,but I want to try and keep it clean if possible so zmotorsport do you have any picks of your filtering system?I sure would like to add that to my tank.Haven't put the varsol in yet,waiting for my next project.Guys thanks again for the suggestions

I will get a couple of pictures of it while out in the shop working tomorrow.

Thanks guys for the responses to my question.I see that there is lots of choices on cleaning fluids for parts washers.I also like the ideal of diesel fuel.But the guy I purchase this from has three or had three of these parts washers and like Tony couple others he only use Varsol,he also said that it can be purchase from auto parts houses but I google varsol but no place pop up that sales varsol.Any ideals on where to check?

Kroll, I buy varsol from local fuel/oil bulk distributors. Last time I purchased 10 gal. it was up around $12.00 gallon. I was told Exxon in Houston is the only manufacturer. Going to change to something else, that is crazy. Lose a lot to evaporation, too expensive for that.....
Bob

I've been using diesel in mine for years, it removes oil and dirt fine, mostly motorbike engines going in it,
When it gets too dirty i filter it into the tractor fuel tank, it doesnt seem to mind, the sludge goes off with the old oil filters when they start building up

I was thinking along the same lines, only kerosene instead of diesel. The sediment falls out after sitting for a day or two, and the kerosene on top can easily be burned in a shop heater. The sludge can be burned in a small can, and what little ash is left over can be disposed of safely. It is also relatively safe like diesel fuel as a solvent.

GG

Back