Ordered A 935 TS........

Good to know, not having seen one of the 935TS in person, but have spent many many hours bellied up to a Bridgeport.

How much lower is the table? If the machine is overall 7" shorter than a bridgeport, than I suppose that equates to the table being correspondingly lower.

Mine is raised about 8.5" and it seems perfect for my 6'2" stature and my son standing @ 6'4" seems to appreciate the height as well.

Mike.

Actually, I plan on removing the wheeled tray I built now that it's in the room & repositioning the wheels & adding leveling feet to some square tubing. Shouldn't raise it much more than 4 inches total But it will still be easily movable (without need of the cherry picker) if I decide to change where it sits in the shop.

The one "stand" that would be handy is one that you can shove a pallet jack under. I find it very handy for shuttling machinery around... as long as the machinery is designed for it (which a lathe isnt, of course)

Got it moved into place & on the stand with just the feet on it. Decided to leave the wheels for another time (like that's going to happen real soon, eh?).

1_zps221f1296.jpg

Nice surprise when I stuck the level on the table too!

3_zpsfb2c5dab.jpg

Have since wiped the coating off & temporarily wired the VFD in, just to hear it run. Has some whine, not sure if that's normal or not, but it spins.
Had the same trouble as a few others here in that collets (or other tools) wouldn't fit in the spindle. Ended up using a spanner I made with an 18" length & STILL had to reef on the nut to get it loose. Yes, the set screw in back was removed first, just tighter than hell.
Will probably make some chips tomorrow, getting excited!!!

1_zps221f1296.jpg

1_zps221f1296.jpg

1_zps221f1296.jpg

3_zpsfb2c5dab.jpg

3_zpsfb2c5dab.jpg

3_zpsfb2c5dab.jpg

Looks real nice sitting there. I look forward to hearing your first impressions upon making chips.

First impression is I have a LOT to learn!!!
Still, it's fun playing for now. Figure to machine up my T-nut for the tool post on the soon-to-arrive (I hope) 1340-GT, based on the dimensions I got from zmotorsports, thanks Mike. Eventually I'll figure out the forward/reverse control for the VFD, but speed control is wired & functional anyway. Found out how fast NOT to run a large end mill without consequences already. Live & learn. Never figure stuff out without trying a few things, eh? Besides, got a whole box of end mills (some are even sharp) to play with, so dulling one or two isn't a major deal.

Glad to hear that you got everything up and running. Looks great sitting in its new home.

Now let's see some chips flying and projects done.:rubbinghands:

Here's a couple shots of my T-nut getting made, & the finished project. Seemed like a decent reason to buy a $6000 mill to me.............

1_zps8fb9652f.jpg
2_zps66b8c762.jpg
3_zps2ac391ad.jpg
4_zps251a0612.jpg
5_zpsab35613d.jpg

1_zps8fb9652f.jpg

2_zps66b8c762.jpg

3_zps2ac391ad.jpg

4_zps251a0612.jpg

5_zpsab35613d.jpg

Back