Ordered A 935 TS........

marcusp323

Active User
Registered
Decided to go all out & buy a Taiwan made mill to go with the 1340GT I have ordered. Talked with Matt for a while & decided if I was going to spend a bunch, I may as well opt for the best I can afford right now & be done with it. I have zero experience with mills, but anything worth doing........... :)
Supposed to be shipping out this week, so I'll update (with pics) when it gets in.

Sounds awesome. You will love that mill. I recently put together a quick youtube video/overview of the 935TV. I started a thread yesterday with a link to it. It should be the same with the exception of the step pulley vs. the variable sheave design.

Yup, saw your video Mike, nice job too. Not quite ready to do any myself. Will need lots of play time with my machines before I attempt anything of that sort.

IMO an excellent choice!

Each of us decides which machine line we like, and which machines we like.

Since you are on board with PM machines from QMT... I do not think one could do better than a 1340GT and a 935T(x)... unless they need a larger machine for whatever application.

Looking forward to your arrival and pics.

Great choice, and I think you will not regret both the choice of Taiwanese and a knee mill.

Seems to me that trying to do manual milling on a square column mill would be like trying to work with one arm tied behind your back.

I honestly haven't regretted buying mine for even a second. Even the work bench I made from the shipping crate turned out great!

One of these days I'm going to drop the cash on a 1340GT because I'm sure I'll feel the same about that one.

-Ryan

Decided to opt for the power x axis too, last minute decision. Matt at QMT was gracious enough to say "No problem", (of course I did still have to actually pay for it), though it had been ready to ship. Figure a 2 day delay is worth it just for the convenience factor, if nothing else.
As an aside........
Used the 10% off & free shipping to order a bunch of stuff from Enco last night, & sure as s**t, this morning I got an email for 30% off storewide. Well, I showed them. Ordered a bunch MORE stuff too. Bet that'll teach 'em, eh?

Decided to opt for the power x axis too, last minute decision. Matt at QMT was gracious enough to say "No problem", (of course I did still have to actually pay for it), though it had been ready to ship. Figure a 2 day delay is worth it just for the convenience factor, if nothing else.
As an aside........
Used the 10% off & free shipping to order a bunch of stuff from Enco last night, & sure as s**t, this morning I got an email for 30% off storewide. Well, I showed them. Ordered a bunch MORE stuff too. Bet that'll teach 'em, eh?

I think you will appreciate the power X axis feed.

Where does one sign up to get these Enco coupons???
Am about to start being 'tool poor'... :lmao:
At least I can get a deal on them... :thumbsup:

THX

John

Where does one sign up to get these Enco coupons???
Am about to start being 'tool poor'... :lmao:

Go to the use-enco.com website and sign up with your email address. But Enco has a strange system, I am a (way too) faithful a customer, and I probably only see about half the coupon codes. Usually they get posted here (there is a subform for discount codes) and always show up on retailmenot.com.

Bottom line: NEVER buy something from Enco with a coupon. A 10% off comes out every few weeks, 20% about once every 6-8 weeks, 10% + free shipping every two months, 30% once a year, 20% + free shipping about once a year.

The nice thing about enco is that they stack there coupon on already discounted sale items.

Unlike their parent company MSC Direct, who has coupons for "UP TO 45%" off... the key words being "UP TOO", as they don't discount sale items, not everything gets the highest discount code, and items are already 20-30% over price.... Weird to look at your shopping basket and realize that your "45% off" gave you an effective 17% discount off their inflated prices... but if you need it the very next day (not kidding) that is the place to shop.

The power feeds are great, I built my own for the X and Z axis. One of these days I will probably buy up to a 935, but have to sell my BF-30 first.

Also bought some lathe tooling and a Turn-pro metal band saw at Enco's 20 percent off email notification sale. Discount was offset by the cost shipping.

Agree with you on MSC, with their best discount, often tools are still higher than list. Also, they collect tax in most states, so adds another 10 percent here in Arizona.

Anyway, the PM935 looks like a great mill if you are not going the CNC route and you can get it into you're work space.

Back