Opinions on purchasing a Grizzly G0750

I recently purchased a G4003G. I had originally wanted the G0750G but due to delivery date of Nov/Dec. 2013 I went with the G4003G. This is a very good lathe and is extremely stable and smooth. I did not find the differences in the gearboxes to be a game changer. I am more than satisfied with the purchase and have found Grizzly CS very easy to deal with. Although I have not had any problems of significance, they did respond quite quickly to the questions I did submit. Having a store front reasonably close is also nice. Bellingham is about 2-1/2 hours from Gig Harbor in Wash. Delivery was extremely fast. I do gunsmithing and none of the threading features have been a detriment. It does everything I have ask of it and does it well. I concur that threading more than 48tpi would be extreme and difficult. Unless you are contracting to NASA you should be capable of doing very good work on this lathe.

Hope this helps. I read everything in print before making my purchase. Since then I have relied on opinions on this site for other projects. Good information is available.

Well after everyone's great responses we decided to make the pilgrimage to grizzly to actually look at the machines. The 2 he originally wanted were not in stock but he got a change of heart on spending the $$$$ while he is still in college. He ended up buying the grizzly G9972z.
It is a 11x26 bench lathe with great box. It is a nice step up from the 7x12 we run now. We drove the 3 hours in my explorer with only the intentions of looking. Well he bought this one. I think it came in at about 600 pounds and a large crate. With the seats folded down it just fit in. The only problem was there was three of us that went. My buddy volunteered to lay side ways in back next to crate for the three hour ride home. Should have strapped my son to the roof. :) :)
He also purchased the stand/cabinet that goes under the lathe. We ask the guys at the warehouse if the whole thing was in that one crate. They said yes it is all there. We ask again being a little more descriptive. They again said yes it is all in that one crate. Well ok. We were almost home and got a call saying they didn't give us the cabinet. My son was ****** and called them and they are shipping it to us for free.

So that is what he ended up buying and there are no doubts I will have questions coming.
Have a great day!
Ed

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back