Ontario guys

Little Machine Shop has Vactra on sale for under $30 a gallon. Don't know if they ship up north though.

They do, and very quickly I might add. I bought mini mill replacement gears from there when I first got the mini mill and broke the gears within an hour :D

Edit:

**Queue record scratch**

It's 40 bucks to ship :(

It doesn't need to be Vactra, it doesn't need to be Mobil, but it should be way oil, most hobby shop applications use ISO64 viscosity. Tacky stuff. Some bigger machines use ISO220 way oil. VERY tacky stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not a question of what to use, for me. But simply, where to find it that doesn't an arm and a leg to ship.

Well, I've emailed 4 local industrial supply shops... We'll see what happens tomorrow... Really shouldn't be this difficult.

Actually. I just found a lube supplier two towns over. Hopefully that's the place.

Success. RP oil in Whitby if any of the Ontario guys are wondering. And they ship.
Their Mobil vactra cross is chevron way live 68. A pail is $82 plus $3 eco fee. Should be in store in a few days.

Where do you get your way oil? With the mill showing up tomorrow, I've stocked up on WD-40 and shop towels for the clean up, but I haven't anything for way oil. I have been using non detergent 30 weight on my lathe and I don't care for it. I have to clean it off every so often cause it gums up.

I reached out to the Castrol folks and they speced oil for me. Both 68 and 32 weight. Cost me a little more because they had to FedEx it from Montreal to Moncton. You should be good in Ontario.

Success. RP oil in Whitby if any of the Ontario guys are wondering. And they ship.
Their Mobil vactra cross is chevron way live 68. A pail is $82 plus $3 eco fee. Should be in store in a few days.

Chevron Waylube 68 or live is the same stuff I use down here. I get it from the local bulk supplier in my area. About the same price I pay for a 5 gal. pail.

Back