Old, Unique or New

Bill, here is my Oslund indicator. Yours is older I believe. The lathe toolholder bar is stamped and folded steel, instead of solid. The 90° tip rotates 360°, and it's also removable for using as a plunger indicator.
PC142317Large_zpsea41b42c.jpg

PC142318Large_zps789affd9.jpg

PC142317Large_zpsea41b42c.jpg

PC142318Large_zps789affd9.jpg

That attachment (Fulcrum) is what most owners are missing. Yes, yours is newer, the arched part on yours is white Bakelite. Mine is formed sheet metal. Still it's a great piece to own.

"Billy G" :))

I have mis-matched set of end rods.
1 Starrett head, 1 Lufkin head, the rods are Bridgeport except the 6" is Pratt & Whitney

DSCF1754.jpg

Do you know the reason the Lufkin's have one with a black ring and one with a red one?

DSCF1754.jpg

Yes, one color would be for setting table movement(X) and the other for saddle(Y).

Bridgeportendmeasuring.jpg

Bridgeportendmeasuring.jpg

Here's another little toy that stays stashed away most times. It only gets used for machine installation.

Starrett 15" Master Precision Level #199

DSCF1755.jpg

DSCF1755.jpg

re. that cylinder square it is only part of a complete squareness measurement system. I designed one and helped develop a prototype for a metrology company I worked for but I'm sure ther were others on the market . It looked similar to a height gage but the front edge of the base had a compound radius.Attached to the base was a vertical column with a .0001"dial indicator which was adjustable for height and it read horizontally as opposed to vertically as in most dial indicator applications. You would adjust the height of the indicator according to your application, then rolling the base with the compound radius against the bottom of the cylinder would set the indicator to zero, then transfer to your workpice and then read the difference. I don't belive they sold a lot of them and I don't know if they are sill offered.
Ron

Back