Old School

In my high school we had a print shop with Linotype machines (which I never ran). But I did run the
platen presses. Remember quoins and quoin keys?

You might be old school if you know that a font is a compartmented drawer full of typeface with a different bin for each letter.

Well, if you find the angle at 0,0 in the right triangle (1.0 long, .375 high) then you should have the three sides of the oblique triangle (hyp of earlier tri, [.625/2]+ .625, .625) and so you can get the angle of it at the 0,0 point added to the first tri totaled will give you the angle which with the side ([.625/2]+ .625) you can derive the length of the side in X.

Maybe..

I could lay it out in qcad or define the geometry in apt360, or do the math but I don't know where I left my log tables (logarithm table).

This is the first triangle jamby is referring to

1.png

Phone Number "Allen 70" tried to call that from northern Michigan in late 1960's and the operator told me I was wrong no such number!
Party lines
Operators that knew where everyone in town was!! Call forwarding! Call waiting! Caller ID! And voice mail the operator would go to the office door and holler at the people working in the village.
You could buy "Wings" Cigarettes for $0.08 cents per pack
Nobody took the keys out of their Automobiles
The whole town had Saturday Night Movies on the side wall of the village hall! Guess what no TV!!!!!!!!!!!

Back