Old School

Mom did that to me a few times. The real ouch came with the Mecureochrome Anticeptic. The red stuff gave new meaning to pain. LOL

"Billy G"

You might be Old School if you know what this is.

Or if you had to crank the old Lathrop 1 lunger up to warm up before we went fishing.

I believe it is a vibrator for the spark ignition for a model T Ford. Apparently I qualify for "Old School".

Got the shot for a tooth ache. Was supposed to spit it out Buuuuuuuuut ---------

"Billy G"

Some people are better(?) at leaving the past behind. I still have and use lots of old things regularly, including tools, that I had before I finished college, 45 years ago. Take care of stuff and it usually lasts and stays useful for a long, long time -- unless it is electronics, where technology is only rented... ;) It makes me smile to use old tools that have lots of memories for me, and also have quite a few that are inherited from my dad, they also bring back fond old memories.

Last edited:
For us it was whisky, lemon and honey. How about salt wrapped in a kitchen towel and heated in a cast iron fry pan for ear aches. My grandfather would eat a big spoonful of Vicks-Vapo-rub for a cold, and of course we had to suffer the occasional dose of castor oil. Mike

You might be Old School if your mother ever gave you a shot of rock 'n rye and rubbed Vick's Vapor Rub on your chest for a cold.

Bought a new tool box, when migrating from the old one I keep finding old school tools, have 2 sets of Starrett tool makers buttons in pristine shape, anyone that wants them they are free plus postage, I know that collectors like these type of tools.

This is not an Ad just an offer of antique tools for "free" (Postage). I have no use for them, the next time that they are moved will be to the scrap bin.

I dislike scrapping tools even those that will never be used.
Not trying be old are you. Set the postage ill send it , I like old tools.

Back