Old man needs ideas or direction?

Steve,
I thimk it shows a lot of inventiveness and willingness to learn when you take on a project such as the one you have going now. Just keep making one part at a time and before you realize it you will have all the parts made and can move on to final assembly and buffing. Good luck and you might try a rubber cushioned floor mat to reduce back fatigue. HF sells them and they work wonders if your standing in one place for extended periods of time.

Bob

First thing we bought rubber HF stuff and covered that with cardboard (30 feet of it) yep one day and one piece at a time

sam

Maybe a box tool in combination with the form tool to support the work? That's a lot of little pins to go through. Is the copper stock oversized? Seems like it's fully annealed if it is bending that bad. Too bad it was not a full hard or even half hard copper.

i would by 1/4 x 1" pins from mcmaster 10 for 2.30...then add a taper..single operation each

Almost sounds like it'd be easier to just melt the rods down and mould them...
BulletMoulding.jpg

BulletMoulding.jpg

Maybe a box tool in combination with the form tool to support the work? That's a lot of little pins to go through. Is the copper stock oversized? Seems like it's fully annealed if it is bending that bad. Too bad it was not a full hard or even half hard copper.

say a box tool yes, I say thanks all BUT problem is a machining tweeking amounts to time/ set up time jigs etc. will not divide into 60 min. well I'm stuck with this and will
proceed my thoughts are a box tool and just tail stock it in there for the taper .....good thing , customer not in any hurry..... so 10 a day do my normal work and all is good.

sam

Back