Old Craftsman Stuff

dlane

Active User
Registered
Oops " went to a Craig's list add "drill press $75. " it is a old craftsman mod# 101-bd2b it was missing spindle return assembly so I told him I wasn't interested then he said he had two bench grinders and I could have all for $70. So I bought them. He was moving and didn't have room for them. One of the grinders is a block head and the other is a Sears and Roebuck 3/4 hp motor with buffer and whire wheel on a HF Chi pedistle and that's the only thing that has chi on it.
All run smoth quiet ,drill press needs spindle return assembly. Here are some pics , . Any one know Where can I find a parts diagram for press & block head?. and spindle return assembly ? This new software has some bugs.
Thanks
Derrick

image1.jpg
image2.jpg
image3.jpg
image4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
O yea the press has a 1/2 hp motor. Block head has 1/4 hp, buffer is 3/4 hp

Are you Australian ? ;)
I ask because your pictures when viewed from here in the UK are upside down :D

Was thinking the same thing, but more in the line of being really hard to set up stock on the table.

Was thinking the same thing, but more in the line of being really hard to set up stock on the table.
Tryed to reply earlier don't know what happened to pics they are rite side up when I look at them.

I Think the site is having software problems in a lot of areas. Any one have any info on these machines ?.

Hello Derrick,

That drill press is a real beauty.

A web search of 101-bd2b looks to be a part number instead of a model number. I believe you might have a 10103720 drill press. But I'm not giving up yet, there is more research to be done.

Thanks, John

Last edited:
Yes that is a very nice looking drill press. I was not trying to be mean earlier, as a matter of fact I turned my tablet upside down to try and get a better view........ that didn't work either. Wife just looked at me like I was silly when the picture did not turn over. lol. Will be nice when the bugs are worked out of the forum.

yea i kinda like it , that # is stamped into the "? bed ,work table"and that is the only numbers i could find on it. it needs the spindle return mechanism , i found one i think will work on ebay hope i get it. also the motor is not original it is a Baldor 1/2 hp
Thanks
Derrick

Back