Ok, So What Is This Thing? - Stratoflex 210

(snip)
And a nice 3HP 115v motor.

I was thinking of trying to sell it but it sounds like it might be an obsolete piece of equipment. Probably why I had to take it in the package deal. Could be good for the bits though if I can find a good use for them.
Hoses are still being made today using the the same components and techniques used back then. If the machine was cleaned up and working it would be very useful to a shop that makes a fair amount of hoses. If you have made those hoses using just a vise, some lubricant, and a couple wrenches you know what a PITA that can be. Guys used to using crude tooling would be quite pleased to have a machine like that, and they are extremely expensive to buy new. Most bigger shops use hydraulic crimping equipment for making their hoses, instead of screw on components, only using the screw on type in the field, but that old machine might be worth some money to the right shop.
http://www.parker.com/portal/site/P...ACHABLE+PNEUMATIC+AND+HYDRAULIC+HOSE+FITTINGS
Today's version of your machine: http://ph.parker.com/us/da/hose-assembly-equipment-hozembler

in the field, i made hundreds of HYD hoses using the spin on fittings, i can concur that they are a major PITA to make-
a machine would have made all of those assemblies a lot easier.:D

Long long ago and far away, when I worked in the steel mills as a student, a pipe fitter that I worked with and I made up the fittings using a Ridged Pipe Threading machine to do the twisting. That would have been much nicer to use.

Greg

Looks like one big-ass crimping machine.

My advice, clean it up and keep it in the corner of the shop as a beer-can crusher (and nut cracker at Christmas!).

-brino

Looks like one big-ass crimping machine.

My advice, clean it up and keep it in the corner of the shop as a beer-can crusher (and nut cracker at Christmas!).

-brino

It doesn't crimp. It is for twist on fittings. Something like this but much heaver duty,

Last edited:
Ok, that one went in to easy, When I have used those to make some heavy duty hoses, they did not go in that easy. That is how I know what happens when the wrench slips.

Well I already stated my love for the machine badge. A little research showed me there are 1) people who collect badges from industrial machines. 2) Stratoflex is a desirable badge to have and 3) I must never go to those collecting pages again.....I don't need another collection to swallow my time and money.

But I do think you really need the following to complete your new collection ....

cmEW24n.jpg

1sj5vcG.jpg

TH5Ihmi.jpg

Back