Off Topic: headlights

And if it is both bulbs, keep an eye on the charging system. Toyotas in particular are known for tossing the occasional 24V surge down the line just for giggles.

If it is the bulbs, might be time to switch to the Mother Ship, Death Ray, landing light bulbs. I've upgraded all of my classic cars to HID, along with heavier wiring, relays and breakers. I hate to admit it, but I get child like glee blasting those people who always drive with there brights on, and everyone else be damned. I feel like Kirk calling for the photon torpedo's. :alien: Mike

I would pull one of the head lamps and check the lamp first to make sure it is good. Check it for continuity as Bob mentioned. Replace if necessary. If the lamp is good on both low and high, then you know that you need to look elsewhere, such as the dimmer switch or the headlamp relay. Check to see if you are indeed getting power on the low beam wire. Keep in mind that the lamps are the parts that are the most likely to fail. You also indicated that it is entirely possible that you were driving around for a while with only one headlamp working, so I am betting that both lamps failed but at different times.

If they are the original bulbs its the bulbs.

Fuses were good, both bulbs were not. All fixed. Thanks, folks!

If it is the bulbs, might be time to switch to the Mother Ship, Death Ray, landing light bulbs. I've upgraded all of my classic cars to HID, along with heavier wiring, relays and breakers. I hate to admit it, but I get child like glee blasting those people who always drive with there brights on, and everyone else be damned. I feel like Kirk calling for the photon torpedo's. :alien: Mike

Back