New Vise !!!!!

Wow! I felt really glad when I got a deal on a five inch vise. That thing is really impressive.

I also did a similar picture where I put my old home owner's 3" vise in the larger vise.

I sent it to a couple of friends claiming to be a vise king. However, since you're holding a five inch vise in there, you must be the new vise king.

Well...I don't know about "vise king"....lol. Who ever owns one of these could probably take the title. :http://www.yostvises.com/12-all-steel-utility-combination-pipe-and-bench-vise-red.html

Mind you...I just had a look. That one is 81 lbs shipping weight. Mine is supposed to be 84 lbs, which surprised me. When I moved it off the stand, and onto the bench, the pain scale in my back said 184 lbs. LOL.

Wow! I felt really glad when I got a deal on a five inch vise. That thing is really impressive.

I also did a similar picture where I put my old home owner's 3" vise in the larger vise.

I sent it to a couple of friends claiming to be a vise king. However, since you're holding a five inch vise in there, you must be the new vise king.

He's got my vote:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing, this reminds me of when I got my 5 inch vise. I installed it on my bench where my smaller vise had been. Then I got my mill/drill and decided to put it where the vise was. I figured that I would build a stand for the vise and attach it to the bench. Then I would have access to the vise from 3 sides. So I removed the vise while I installed the mill/drill and built the stand.

Up to that point I never realized how often I used my vise, i.e. throw it in the vise to file down the edge, tap a hole, bolt two parts together, etc.

In the three days it took me to install the machine, build the stand, and mount the new vise I must have had over twenty occasions when I wanted to use the vise for some little task.

I really came to appreciate how important they are in the shop.

PS This was my picture I had sent to my friends

Big Vice.jpg

Last edited:
Back