New Vise !!!!!

Very nice vise indeed, you did well.
I like that you paid what was asked and not try to kick a man when he is down. Some people just don't think or care about the seller.
That vise should outlive you, your kids and grandkids :)

Cool just doesn't cut it, that quick release is truly awesome. So's the entire vice, bye the way.

Out-friggin-standing! That's one to make the rest of us green with envy.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Ok...I got it off the stand, and mounted on the bench today. Oh man...my back is screaming at me now. Unfortunately, my younger neighbor who I usually ask for help has left town for the weekend. How dare he ! ROFL !! :) I actually used it tonight. Junior skipped the chain off his mountain bike and jammed it between the frame and the sprocket. We put 2 pieces of 2x6 in the new toy and clamped the frame so the chain was at eye level. How sweet it is fixing bicycles like that, rather than trying to ram and unjam stuff on the kickstand in the driveway.

One last picture. Here it is mounted, with the 5" that I've been getting by with sitting on top. Yes, there's a little more iron there. Now...the question is, will I be able to get out of bed tomorrow. I really have to come to terms with the fact that I'm not 20 anymore and stop trying to lug and slug stuff like this around by myself.

IMG_20160603_210909_zpsa2jje520.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. That is really something! It will be years before you don't glance and smile as you walk by that thing! Congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! I felt really glad when I got a deal on a five inch vise. That thing is really impressive.

I also did a similar picture where I put my old home owner's 3" vise in the larger vise.

I sent it to a couple of friends claiming to be a vise king. However, since you're holding a five inch vise in there, you must be the new vise king.

Back