New to me Craftsman Commercial 12x36

MrBreeze and Spiral, Thanks for the good ideas.
I may just do one or both tonight. Never even thought of doing it either way.

Still, I need to buy some end mill bits. Just called a local machine shop that is selling out and they said come on down and pick up what I needed.
Said they would "do me right"

Hope that's a good thing.....

MrBreeze and Spiral, Thanks for the good ideas.
I may just do one or both tonight. Never even thought of doing it either way.

Still, I need to buy some end mill bits. Just called a local machine shop that is selling out and they said come on down and pick up what I needed.
Said they would "do me right"

Hope that's a good thing.....

Wow, I'm sure you'll get a deal.

Just got back from Machine shop and here is what I left with for now. I will be going back.

Got all of these for $20

20141219_134043.jpg
And these for $40 Brand new, Never used.

20141219_135226.jpg20141219_140131.jpg

20141219_134043.jpg 20141219_135226.jpg 20141219_140131.jpg

Last edited:
Minor terminology point (before you go and talk to some machinists). Just "end mill" or "end mills" is sufficient. "end mill bits" is redundant.:whistle:

Still, I need to buy some end mill bits.

Robert D.

Old habit of something used to drill or mill, I call them bits.

I got the T-nut milled down to the correct dimensions and the QCTP works great.
I don't like the knurling holder. I think I'll look for a clamping style instead of using that one.
Looks like it would put a lot of pressure on the spindle and compound.
Soaked all of the end mills and Reamers in some Evapo-Rust over night and now they look brand new.

they arent called drill bits either, they are drills, even though i call em drill bits, you put a drill into a drill motor lol

I LMAO the first time I heard a coworker refer to a "drill motor". I've always called it a 'drill' and drill 'bits'. But never end mill 'bits', although everyone understood what you were talking about.

So where does that leave us with "lathe bits"? :rofl:

Minor terminology point (before you go and talk to some machinists). Just "end mill" or "end mills" is sufficient. "end mill bits" is redundant.:whistle:

Robert D.

I thought "end mill bits" are what we call the little pieces that scatter around the shop when you get too aggressive with the feeds and speeds and the cutting tool shatters with a BANG! :yikes:

:roflmao:And out of the wood pile comes :-

End mill cutters .
Twist drills

A brace & bit or a brace and auger

I LMAO the first time I heard a coworker refer to a "drill motor". I've always called it a 'drill' and drill 'bits'. But never end mill 'bits', although everyone understood what you were talking about.

So where does that leave us with "lathe bits"? :rofl:

The result of a really serious crash?

Back