New Project --- "The Catfish Reaper"

Re: New Project

A rod holder?

No more calls folks, we have a winner. Congratulations. It will hold two rods and terminal tackle. My friend, like me, is an avid Cat Fisherman. He prefers Channel Cats and pier fishing. This platform will be clamped to the Pier Fencing.

"Billy G"

When I was living in Ohio (briefly) a decade ago, I got to trying the catfish at quite a few restaurants. You guys are definitely on to something.

When I was living in Ohio (briefly) a decade ago, I got to trying the catfish at quite a few restaurants. You guys are definitely on to something.

As far as freshwater fish go, Catfish is the best. OK, you don't waste 7075. You cut right the first time. The rough platform is to the left. I hope to finish that part today.

"Billy G"

102_0701 (750 x 498).jpg

Billy, I keep quiet cause it would not have been fair since I built Tuna Towers and Tee Tops for six years. Are you going to put rubber inserts in the holders to save the rods?Down here in my part of the world we call them Sail Cats because of the big spine on their back fun to catch for the fight but not good to eat.Now if you go inland some and get to fresh water I have caught some good size river cats up to 10# {Lbs} [:rofl:] ​real good smoked in orange wood.**************G**************

That's the first time I've seen golf referred to as "too physical"

Last edited by a moderator:

That's the first time I've seen golf referred to as "too physical"

The only good thing achieved from "Golf" is your "physical well being". I can't think of any good reason to put a small ball on a wooden peg and wallop it as hard as you can, then chase it just to hit it again. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

"Billy G"

100% with you there. As Oscar Wilde said, golf is a good walk spoiled :)

My grandfather called it "Pasture Pool".******************************************
*******G*********

The "Platform is 50% complete here. We now put it aside to make the parts that mount to it. It should all come together by the end of the week.

For you new guys, I set the goal to reach this level today. I could go further but am tired. When tired I make mistakes. Heed these words if you take nothing else from this thread. "WHEN TIRED,STOP". Running the risk of personal injury or injury to a helper is not worth the getting those two other holes drilled or that other slot milled..

"Billy G"

102_0702 (750 x 498).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

You guys obviously have not tried 'Mortar Golf'. Your driver is quite heavy, made of steel, and it has a golf ball sized hole down the middle and a hole for a fuse. You figure out the rest.

Only problem is you have to set up your own course in somebody's pasture. For some silly reason, nobody wants to let a person use it on a public golf course. :veryscared:

Back