New PM 1127VF-LB Lathe

Mobil Gear Oil 627 is a ISO 100 oil.

My Grizzly uses ISO 68 Bearing and Gear Oil 20W.

Last edited:
Interesting stand you have for that lathe. Looks like it is adjustable?

Interesting stand you have for that lathe. Looks like it is adjustable?

Yes, it is adjustable, the PM stand I was afraid would not allow the lathe to stand under my upper wall cabinets with DRO on the machine.
So I did little web browsing found this table at Sam Club its rated 2000 lbs however I wouldn't put that much weight on it. My thoughts are
that it might start to sagging in the middle so I'm thinking about making a adjustable pole for the center to support from ground up.
The Manufacturer of the table makes a model with center support however I could not find anybody local who sold it.
However current unit is heavy duty.

Where's the tailstock? Have you leveled it yet? I have the same lathe for over a year now.

Where's the tailstock? Have you leveled it yet? I have the same lathe for over a year now.

Yes I have it, its was off still getting cleaned, but since been put back on

No I Haven't leveled it yet

I'm surprised that PM shipped a new machine without oil. Someone in QA must have missed that
-Mark

Just got my PM 1127 last week too(Also bought a mill). Pictures of both below.

PM recommended SAE 80-90 gear oil, so I bought Lucas LUC10043 on amazon. Showed up in two days. Fortunately, my gear box was full. Now I'm adjusting the lathe. Did an average job of levelling it. Now I'm chasing .003 of taper over 10". Might have to start over with my levelling. Mill was much easier to level within a half a thou.

IMG_3642.jpgIMG_3641.jpg

Last edited:
Back