New PM 1127VF-LB Lathe

BigWalt

Registered
Registered
Hey folks

Im total new to this machining process have question as to source for Gearbox oil, my new lathe ( PM-1127VF-LB) was received with very little oil in it
and I need to purchase new gearbox oil, manual states to use Mobil Gear oil #627 but having hard time finding this.

Anybody have new part number for Mobil or other brands and best location to buy the oil online?

Check McMaster Carr.....They sell 1 gallon jugs.

No photos, no help. : )

Here are pictures of new PM lathe as promised, just have to get some oil for gearbox then ready to start
my adventure on the lathe

Attachments

• IMG_6448.JPG
    IMG_6448.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 275
  • IMG_6449.JPG
    IMG_6449.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 271
Oils are deceaving the way they are marketed. All you have to do is to make sure that the oil you buy, regardless of the marketing label has the correct ISO number. Check you manual, I would venture to guess that it will be ISO 68 for the gear box.

Oils are deceaving the way they are marketed. All you have to do is to make sure that the oil you buy, regardless of the marketing label has the correct ISO number. Check you manual, I would venture to guess that it will be ISO 68 for the gear box.

So I checked the manual it came with and went to PM website and looked in the manual there, which is different than ship with manual. I can not find any ISO ratings only sae 20w weight oil ( mobil gear 627) is only thing stated for gearbox. This is one of the reasons I was reaching out to make sure I put right oil in gearbox and Carriage.

Back