New Atlas owner

Pictures! We need pictures!

PS: Welcome.
You bet. They are coming. Right now it is individual parts. Going to get bed back and start assembling. I will photo doc for y'all. I thought about doing it on YouTube but I don't want to dedicate that kind of time to making videos right now. Would rather spend the bandwidth on the lathe. Pics are coming.

Welcome to the rabbit hole. The lathe may have been free, but you will be spending plenty of money on it.

:devil:

Yep. Born and raised. Not a lot of us left.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Greetings Folks,
I too am new to the site and am searching for any help in being able to tear down the headstock of my Atlas 12 inch pedestal lathe mod # 3996. Both belts were in poor shape and finally came apart in the middle of a job........the only thing I was able to find out was that the two V belts are 1/2 x 42....I bought them and found a place to obtain the Operating Instructions and Parts List......I am still at a loss for any directions in the tear down....especially with the removal of the back gear shaft Can any of you folks point me in the right direction?
Have fun,
buckshot

Welcome to a great site. You should consider the link style belting in lieu of the V belts. that are said to run smoother then the V belts without the need to remove the spindle for belt replacement.

Last edited:
Back