New Atlas owner

machinistnoob

Registered
Registered
Hello all. I wanted to reach out and say hello to the Atlas crew. Surely, you all know of the 'other' site, where you can't even say that name let alone have a discussion about it. I can only conclude that with them, it's the machine that makes the machinist and not the other way around. They rival the HAM operators, in the machine world. So what do I have? New owner of a 618 that scored for free off of cl. Yes, free. Catch was that it was completely disassembled. Completely, down to the last set scew in the motor pulley. Good news is it all seems to be there and doesn't appear to be clapped out or even run very much. The wear I can see appears to be minor. I've been cleaning, taking inventory of parts, gathering literature and reading everything I can and found y'all in the process. Getting close to assembly and I can see some possible questions for you guys in regards to the ways. I'll leave it at that for now. Thanks in advance.
Machinistnoob.

Howdy noob! Are hams really that snobbish?
I think the thing about that "other" site is that many/most of the members are career machinists and not hobbyists
-Mark

Not snobbish, just ALL business. They are happy to teach and share with newcomers with amateur gear. Thanks for saying hello.

Hello and welcome. There is a wealth of information on your new machine on here as well as some verified experts. Post some pictures soon.

John

Welcome aboard, machinistnoob. Some hams are snobs but unlike that "other" site, most aren't. We have pretty strict "anti-snob" rules here

Back