New ACRA 1440C lathe with Mark Jacobs VFD

Mine came bolted onto to a pallet also. If I were to tell you the truck it came on had the pallet strapped and nothing else would you believe me?
I believe you. Both my ACRA lathe and mill came that way. Tom is picky about keeping straps and heaven forbid chains off the machines.

I believe you. Both my ACRA lathe and mill came that way. Tom is picky about keeping straps and heaven forbid chains off the machines.
A friend who ordered an Acra 1640, the trucker had straps over the lathe used to secure the machine and the tarp over it, the straps flapped in the wind, the lathe arrived damaged. Acra had to replace it. My ERL1340 came fully crated, no straps to the machine. The pallet which was very heavily built. How a machine is packaged varies by distributor and probably transport being used. My mill from Acra was wrapped in plastic and fastened by the wood base with chains.

ERL1340 Lathe
big box.jpg
Acra LCM-42 Mill
LCM-42 Arrival.jpg

A friend who ordered an Acra 1640, the trucker had straps over the lathe used to secure the machine and the tarp over it, the straps flapped in the wind, the lathe arrived damaged. Acra had to replace it
I'm sure that's why Tom doesn't want any straps on the machines. Both the two different delivery drivers for my mill and lathe told me they wanted to strap the machines down but Tom told them only the pallet. The machines are through bolted to the pallet with carriage bolts so it's pretty secure. I wasn't worried about the lathe because it had a lower center of gravity. But check out how my mill was shipped. Head up and pallet strapped. When Tom sent me that pic I was more than a little concerned but it made it just fine. IMG_9015.jpg

Would anyone add a quill DRO?

Acra LCTM 3AC is a beast of a mill, about 1000 lbs heavier than the LCM and monster 7.5Hp motor.

Definitely would add a quill DRO. I use my quill for 99% of my depth adjustments when milling, I use a 4 axis DRO in 3axis mode that sums the knee and the quill.

I did not add the quill DRO when I ordered. Is it easier to add the channel/cable, and mount the reader for the DP 700, or get a stand alone quill DRO?

Back