Needing excello mill parts

Everything is on it's way. I have the lead screw ordered from ebay along with some acme nuts and the proper bearings. All of this could have been avoided if the PO would have taken the time to provide what he promised but that being said I am sure we have all been in a similar situation.
What I am attempting to do won't be as good as having the original parts but it should get it usable until such time when I either get what I am promised or find the parts from someone else.
The old adage of let the buyer beware is still very true today.
I could easily look on this as a oppertunity to make a power feed?

I finally got in the leadscrew and the bearings and today I started making the end plate for the other end of the table. It wont be pretty but it should make the table move back and forth.
I am taking pictures as I go to document everything on here but it might be tomorrow before I get any pictures downloaded on here.
I DID get the motor back from the rewind shop and now the mill is running. It works great and as far as I can tell everything works as it should.
I am still going to have to get a vise and I was wondering if this one is worth buying. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Accu-Lock...194701?hash=item23803ad54d:g:u~gAAOSw9N1Vsnev
I am not a shop just a hobbyist who likes making stuff.

The Kurt knock offs are hit and miss. You may get a good one and you may not.

Been making good progress on the missing parts for my table. In the following pictures you can see the progression on the Part "52-15032 Table Dial pad". I call it and end cap or bearing support or whatever. Maybe someday I will get the right part from the PO but I am not holding my breath.
I started off with a piece of 3/4" steel plate I got from a good friend at Fearless Welding LLC. Here in Winchester Ky.
I found a round piece in the scrap pile to make the bearing support and all I had to do was turn the round piece to fit the bearing then mate the two. I used some transfer punches to put the holes in the plate using the one good piece as a template. It all worked good except one bolt hole was just a tad off but I am ok with that.
I used my chop saw to cut the acme screw and soon will be turning the ends to 20mm to fit the bearings.
After that I have to do some more turning and threading to put the handwheels on.
Thanks again for all the help.
Dave
IMG_20170405_1614490_rewind.jpg IMG_20170405_1627337_rewind.jpg IMG_20170405_1812338_rewind.jpg IMG_20170408_1904382_rewind.jpg IMG_20170408_1931100_rewind.jpg

Nice work! You're making lemonade out of lemons for sure.

Sucks about the PO. Hopefully he comes through some day soon just so you get the parts.

Matt

If you run into any problems I can always take pictures of mine or measurements of a part if you need it.

Somewhere I am sure is a blueprint of the lead screw but that would just be too easy.:)

Back